Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 grand prix rear end?

chevybowtie
02-05-2010, 11:04 PM
can anyone possibly tell me what the width of a 1994 grand prix rear end is? and also what kind of vehicle should I look for to swap out a rear end and make my car a rear wheel drive?

tblake
02-06-2010, 12:16 AM
Mmmmm, I will see if I can get some rear end specs. In the meantime wikipedia is your friend. Just go onto google and type wiki pontiac grand prix. It should give you a lot of info on your car.

This is going to be a major project. I hope you have tons of time and loads of money!

clutch492
02-06-2010, 12:59 AM
I am thinking of doing the same thing. I have an 86 Firebird that has a pretty ugly body. I am thinking of transfering all the drive-train into the 92 Grand Prix that has a blown engine. Let me know how yours is coming along and I will let you know how mine is doing. Later, and good luck!

chevybowtie
02-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Mmmmm, I will see if I can get some rear end specs. In the meantime wikipedia is your friend. Just go onto google and type wiki pontiac grand prix. It should give you a lot of info on your car.

This is going to be a major project. I hope you have tons of time and loads of money!

Thank You for your advise and I have plenty of time, not very much money lol. And unfortunatley no place to store and work on it.

Thanks, Travis.

chevybowtie
02-06-2010, 01:37 PM
I am thinking of doing the same thing. I have an 86 Firebird that has a pretty ugly body. I am thinking of transfering all the drive-train into the 92 Grand Prix that has a blown engine. Let me know how yours is coming along and I will let you know how mine is doing. Later, and good luck!

Hey whats going on? I am thinking that I may be taking on something I wont be able to do I live in michigan and therefore I do not have a place to work on it in the winter so I am looking at getting an older Monte that is already and if it has no engine than I will just use mine lol, Let me know when you are done so I could maybe do it another time. I know it is possible my friend put a 350 in a Fiearo.

SulkierLizard
02-06-2010, 01:39 PM
I don't know...here's what I found from a quick search. Good luck!
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/1990-to-1996-pontiac-grand-prix-8.htm

chevybowtie
02-06-2010, 03:44 PM
I don't know...here's what I found from a quick search. Good luck!
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/1990-to-1996-pontiac-grand-prix-8.htm

Thank You very much.

Add your comment to this topic!