Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

no remote sliding door

534BC
02-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Hi, My power slider works well on 99 venture with all the switches,handles except the remote. I tried the second remote and same trouble (won't open or close)

The disable switch works fine and is not in the disabled position, when the remote is pushed the instrument lights and parking lights flash once. It indicates to me that the transmitter and reciever is working, but can someone tell me how to diagnose further?

Thanks.

roadrunner2
02-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Hi, My power slider works well on 99 venture with all the switches,handles except the remote. I tried the second remote and same trouble (won't open or close)

The disable switch works fine and is not in the disabled position, when the remote is pushed the instrument lights and parking lights flash once. It indicates to me that the transmitter and reciever is working, but can someone tell me how to diagnose further?

Thanks.

Re-program the power sliding door.

Your owners manual explains how. If you don't have it anymore, borrow one.

534BC
02-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Yes, I did that. (remove radio fuse, engage lockout,open,shut,open,shut,ect.)

if that's what you meant.

roadrunner2
02-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Yes, I did that. (remove radio fuse, engage lockout,open,shut,open,shut,ect.)

if that's what you meant.

Uh-huh, didn't work eh?

I don't have my 2000 Silo anymore so I'm trying to remember if the power sliding door had it's own fuse in the underhood fuse/relay box?

I remember my door had quit one time and I pulled a fuse, waited about 15 secs and reinstalled it and the door worked again.

534BC
02-07-2010, 08:09 AM
My door works fine with the inside switch, the inside handle, the outside handle, and the top switch. The lock-out also works fine.

It is only the remote that doesn't work (but it works too because anytime it is pressed the lights flash) It seems there may be a connection from reciever to door that is not right. I'm having trouble finding a wire diagram for it.

roadrunner2
02-07-2010, 09:52 PM
My door works fine with the inside switch, the inside handle, the outside handle, and the top switch. The lock-out also works fine.

It is only the remote that doesn't work (but it works too because anytime it is pressed the lights flash) It seems there may be a connection from reciever to door that is not right. I'm having trouble finding a wire diagram for it.

This Haynes manual shows everything BUT the connections to the sliding door.

You might have a talk with someone at an auto electrical shop just to get an idea which way to go.

I'm just guessing, but like you say, the fault may be in the wiring OR perhaps a fault with the sliding door actuator or a connection to it.

The only wiring in this book that shows anything related to the remote is an orange wire from the 10A radio fuse in the underhood accessory wiring junction box.

It goes to a remote control door lock receiver. You did say you've tried the radio fuse thing too didn't you?

I have a problem with this because the remote is working to everything else.

lesterl
02-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I was having range issues, I suspected the remote tho, instead of buying a new remote for around $60 I bought a remote start unit with 2 remotes and I have all the previous functions plus the start capability.... The starter unit was $59.99 free shipping/ no tax.......

534BC
02-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Here's a couple of things that may help me out:

Where is the door actuator and how to access it?
Where is the receiver and how to access it?
What color wire runs from RX to actuator? and what is it's route?

lesterl
02-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Actuator is in the side over the wheel well (is a cable system.) Dont recall where the RX is at, suspect it is in the dash somewhere tho. Wires run from the control console to the actuator.

534BC
02-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Thanks. I may pull that side panel away to access the motor. I figure the trouble is in between the relay I hear/feel clicking (up by the passengers feet) and the motor for the door. I find no help with wiring diagrams on the door or the remote, but did find out that the wires run accross the flloor with all the other ones (that were under water) and then go back to the second row of seats. They then run all the way accross the floor again back to the right side power door.

lesterl
02-25-2010, 10:26 PM
I had a click from mine only, reprogrammed the door with the door reprogram procedure and it fixed it, I did clean the heck out of the contacts also.

consultIII
02-25-2010, 10:28 PM
the fob transmits a signal to the remote control door lock reciever that sends a direct signal to open the door (other remote fuctions, the lights and door locks, are controlled indirectly by rcdlr throught the bcm).

disconnect the rcdlr and momentarily ground the light blue wire. If the door operates you need a new rcdlr or have a bad contact at the rcdlr connector.

rcdlr is located in the top of the dash under the grille trim. remove the upper dash trim and look for a 3"square plastic box with a connector plugged into it.

534BC
02-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks, will go to work.

534BC
02-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Since I already had the seats,floor,carpet, wires all exposed this was a 1 minute fix. The light blue wire had been damaged by water under the passenger seat. Re-connected it and it works fine now. Thanks to all that helped me out.

Add your comment to this topic!