Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tire Sensor Not Reading Since Repairs

datslegne
02-03-2010, 12:56 PM
2006 Jeep Liberty had calipers and rotors replaced and other brake work on the front end.

Since the repairs, the left front tire sensor is not working. It shows just dashes for tire information and a warning light on my dash.

The shop that did the repairs has no clue what happened and do not know what to do to fix this.

Any ideas? And... did the shop damage the sensor during the repairs - or all just a coincidence?

fredjacksonsan
02-03-2010, 02:38 PM
They likely damaged the sensor when they were doing the work. but it could be another issue. I would make sure it's documented with the shop, then have the system checked at the stealership. If the sensor is damaged, then bill the brake shop for the work to have it repaired.

mojodojo2k
08-14-2010, 09:30 PM
The sensor is inside the rim with a rubber stem...so it's impossible to have damaged the sensor unless the tire was removed from the rim. You can bend that rubber stem back & forth all day and nothing will happen (when mounted on the rim). I think it's just coincidence....doing brake work should not interfere with the pressure system whatsoever. I would have taken the Jeep back and asked to have the tired unmounted to inspect the non-working sensor. The majority of tire sensors stop working when they are damaged.....if the sensor in your Jeep WAS damaged then you will see that upon the inspection of it!

Add your comment to this topic!