Sandpaper

christofurr
04-11-2003, 11:45 PM
I've been looking for some sandpaper to sand the body of my F40 with, after I've finished painting it, and before I cut it, but the highest grit I can find is 1200. I can't seem to find 2000/2500 anywhere, and 1200 seems to be the highest I can find at hardware stores.

I know there are a few kiwi's on this site who's info will be the most help, but any info on where to get this sandpaper will be much appriciated :).

Mainomega
04-12-2003, 12:18 AM
Just go to your Hobby store and buy the Tamiya ones. You can also get he polishing cloths from MicroMesh.

I was going to say go to Hobby Lobby but then again you're not even in my country. hehehe :)

primera man
04-12-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by christofurr
I've been looking for some sandpaper to sand the body of my F40 with, after I've finished painting it, and before I cut it, but the highest grit I can find is 1200. I can't seem to find 2000/2500 anywhere, and 1200 seems to be the highest I can find at hardware stores.

I know there are a few kiwi's on this site who's info will be the most help, but any info on where to get this sandpaper will be much appriciated :).
Hey Dude
I buy all my sandpaper from Placemarkers or Mitre10.
They have a huge selection

christofurr
04-12-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by primera man

Hey Dude
I buy all my sandpaper from Placemarkers or Mitre10.
They have a huge selection

Placemakers was my first place to visit, and even I was surprised to see that they only went up to 1200. I might have to try a few more places, and if they don't have it I'll go to my hobby shop and buy the Tamiya sandpaper. I was just looking for alternatives because I'm sure the Tamiya range would be more expensive than the hardware stuff :).

Add your comment to this topic!