Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Annoying chime alert with no DIC message.

sisson_d
02-01-2010, 02:39 PM
I have a '06 SV6 with the passenger power door. Twice now in the last month shortly after beginning a trip, a loud and fast paced chime will start going off. There is no message on the DIC and no lights on the dashboard. I began trying different doors and after opening and closing the power slider, the chime went away. But the door was definitely shut and latched and the "Door Ajar" message wasn't there. Any ideas what could be causing this?
Doug Sisson

roadrunner2
02-01-2010, 07:44 PM
I have a '06 SV6 with the passenger power door. Twice now in the last month shortly after beginning a trip, a loud and fast paced chime will start going off. There is no message on the DIC and no lights on the dashboard. I began trying different doors and after opening and closing the power slider, the chime went away. But the door was definitely shut and latched and the "Door Ajar" message wasn't there. Any ideas what could be causing this?
Doug Sisson

Have you thoroughly cleaned all the door and post contacts?

If the 'fast paced chime' is almost a loud buzzing noise it's coming from the power door (s)?

sisson_d
02-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Good idea! I took a look at them with a flashlight and two of the contacts looked a little oxidized. I'll have to clean them up and see if the noise comes back. It is a fast paced ping and definitely not a buzzer.

sisson_d
03-11-2010, 11:14 PM
UPDATE: The problem is definitely related to the contacts on the door frame. The unit with the pins on the door is a little loose and the door has to be shut just right to get the pins lined up just right. I'm now searching for those annoying plastic trim clips of the right size to secure it properly.

FYI, the door motor can also make the chiming start when it's not working right. The difference seems to be that the motor problem will lead to constant chiming and the contacts will lead to a chiming that stops when the car is in park. All-in-all, I'm just about ready to weld some hinges to the damn door and forget about it altogether.

Add your comment to this topic!