Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1997 / 2000 engine Slight Miss at Idle.

lesterl
01-29-2010, 09:03 PM
As the name states I have a 1997 with a 2000+ motor. The engine has always run a little different, but I changed the Thermostat and ran some seafoam down the intake the other day and she started stalling/ missing at idle and a little above, was getting SES and #6 missfire code. The thing was missing slightly before the SF and TS, but I definitely had issues before. I also had fluctuating voltage when it would act up.

I ended up moving plug #6 to #2 and vice versa, slipped a spare plugwire on for #6, removed and reseated both the crank and cam sensor connectors, and for the heck of it I checked the fuses, found #30 in the under hood box (ALT SENSE) was blown, replaced it and it idled (for the first time since the new motor) and was charging at 14.7vdc. It has run better than ever with that single fuse! Good thing to check if you have voltage fluctuation/ low charge/ charge issues!

P.S. I picked my Venture up for $350 with a rod knock (or as grandpa called it a rod(s) knock.) and 237k on the clock. Runs like a champ now! Hope all this helps someone out!

Add your comment to this topic!