94 toyota 4x4 pickup won't stay running.

mac&smoky
01-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Howdy everyone, hope someone can help me out. I have a 94 toyota 4x4 pickup with 4 cylinder and 5 speed. I have two problems. First the truck lopes at an idle going from 1000 rpm to 2000 rpm. It doesn't do it all the time but happens quite often. Now my problem is that yesterday I was driving down a gravel road and hit a rough washboard area and the truck died. It started right back up but would die after a couple of seconds. If I try and give it gas it dies. Starts back every time. i'm thinking I knocked something loose when I hit the washboard area but that could be coincidence. I'm going to try changing the fuel filter but I'm not sure that will do it. Also going to look for any lines that may have viberated loose. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks!

fasttoyotapu
01-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Throtle position sensor would count for the revving. But as for the dying, there could be many reasons that would happen. That may need more investigation. A possiblity is one of your vacuum lines may have popped off or leaking... More info from you would during your investigation will help.

mac&smoky
01-28-2010, 08:12 AM
I haven't had time to work on it yet but I will try and check it out this weekend. Thanks for the reply.

mac&smoky
03-23-2010, 03:43 PM
I figured it out. The connecter to the air flow sensor had viberated loose just enough to lose connection, just not enough to really tell at a glance. Now i have a blown head gasket or cracked head. i have an 89 22re out of a 2wd that i'm going to put in it. Does anyone know what parts I will have to take off the original motor that will need to be put on the 89? I am comparing evrything on the 2 engines before I install the other one but any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!