Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Water Leak? Carpet Wet!!

gumby_ct
01-25-2010, 09:53 PM
This 96 Metro Lsi gets a wet spot on the passenger side carpet whenever it rains. There is no hole in the floor and I can only assume it it some roof drain (or something) but have no idea where it is.

Anyone else get the wet carpet? Any thoughts?

Johnny Mullet
01-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Lower the rear seat and pull the rear, side interior panels. You will find your holes there.

gumby_ct
01-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Lower the rear seat and pull the rear, side interior panels. You will find your holes there.I'll give it a look. Thanks

brivers
01-26-2010, 10:01 PM
You might want remove wiper blades and the vent grill and check to see if the drains on each side are clear. I had the same problem and that was the solution.

gumby_ct
01-31-2010, 09:32 AM
Lower the rear seat and pull the rear, side interior panels. You will find your holes there.Let me make sure I understand. You are talking about under the carpeting in the way back, On the sides? - not under the back seat?

It does seem to be coming from the back - I just haven't narrowed down from where yet. If under the seat or further back.

Johnny Mullet
01-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Some of the 95+ models rot on the sides of the inner wheel well in front of the strut mounting area.

Metro Mighty Mouse
02-01-2010, 01:05 AM
Some of the 95+ models rot on the sides of the inner wheel well in front of the strut mounting area.

And I know why. My metro had been leaking into the hatch area for awhile and all of my looking turned up nothing useful. I finally came up with a plan to figure where the water was coming from. I had narrowed down the possibilities to the quarter window seal or from somewhere on the roof. I put different colored food coloring in the areas I suspected the leak was coming from and added water. The color that showed up dripping into the hatch proved there is an incomplete seal at the seam under the strip on the roof and that is where it is leaking from. good luck finding your leak, maybe this will help.

gumby_ct
02-01-2010, 01:42 AM
The color that showed up dripping into the hatch proved there is an incomplete seal at the seam under the strip on the roof and that is where it is leaking from. good luck finding your leak, maybe this will help.Where on the roof? What area? Did you find yours?
Thanks

Metro Mighty Mouse
02-05-2010, 02:01 PM
My leak is on the passenger side near the back of the car. Still need to find the exact spot and fix it, I just know it is under the black trim piece.

gumby_ct
02-05-2010, 07:16 PM
My leak is on the passenger side near the back of the car. Still need to find the exact spot and fix it, I just know it is under the black trim piece.The black trim on the roof or around one of the windows?

My leak seems to be somewhere on the rear passenger side and runs to the front when the car is parked in the driveway with the front sloped down. Which is the way we always park the car.

Metro Mighty Mouse
02-06-2010, 03:12 AM
the trim piece on the roof, there is a body seam under it.

gumby_ct
02-06-2010, 10:48 AM
the trim piece on the roof, there is a body seam under it.I see....and likely a common problem then. And now to find the path it follow down.

I know the interior roof lining, on this Metro, is also sagging up front; mainly in the driver's area is what bothers my head.

Add your comment to this topic!