Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 Grand Prix GT1 Flasher Relay

pittpanther
01-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Can anybody tell me where the flasher relay is located on a 2004 GP GT1? My turn signals keep going out and then coming back on and going out again and I think it's the culprit.

BNaylor
01-23-2010, 05:22 AM
Welcome to AF.

At the IP Gauge/Cluster do the signal indicator lamps go out totally or just not flashing?

The flasher relay is located under the dash behind the IP Cluster left hand side. You'll need to remove the plastic trim and/or kick panels and go in from underneath.

pittpanther
01-24-2010, 09:46 AM
The rear left side is out but the bulb is good, this seems to be causing that bake light not to come on as well. The right front is now out too, sometimes the daytime running light is on and other times it's out. That bulb is good too. So the only thing I can figure is the flasher relay.

BNaylor
01-24-2010, 11:34 AM
I guess the flasher relay is possible but the typical symptom is the turn signals will just stay on when activated and just not flash. Very seldom will a bad flasher cause the symptoms you have. It sounds more like a worn out multifunction switch (MFS) which includes the hazard circuits and headlamp hi/lo beams. The brake lights go through the hazard switch part of the multifunction switch. Based on the symptoms I'd replace the MFS first. Also, an ignition switch could cause your issue.

pittpanther
01-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the reply, is the multifunction switch integrated into the end of the turn signal handle?

BNaylor
01-29-2010, 02:07 PM
You're welcome and that is correct.

Add your comment to this topic!