Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.
'99 ZX2 Check engine light
01-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Hooked up obd2 and showed faulty cam shaft sensor. Replaced sensor and cleared codes. The light came back on. Repeated step two and still no fix. I checked the wire harness for loose,frail, or broken connection-All OK. What do I need to do next to help fix my O'l Ladys car?-Thanx!
01-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Do you know the code number. It would be helpful..
01-20-2010, 01:57 PM
code is P0340
01-21-2010, 02:56 AM
P0340 is the Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit. This means it could be any part of the circuit - the sensor itself, the wiring or the Power Control Module.
Symptoms will be:
Hard or no start
Rough running, misfiring
Loss of engine power
A code P0340 means 1 or more of the following has happened
1. A wire or connector is bad.
2. There may be an open circuit.
3. The PCM may have failed.
4. The crankshaft position sensor may have failed.
5. The camshaft position sensor may have failed.
For a fix:
1. Check all wiring and connectors.
2. Check for continuity in the circuit's wiring.
3. Check the voltage at the CPS.
4. Check the crankshaft position sensor circuit as well.
5. Diagnose/replace the PCM
6. Replace the camshaft position sensor.
Last, but not least a timing belt that is in the wrong position or that has shifted will throw this code.
01-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Checked the timing belt and was busted in half along with the Idler next to the crank shaft sprocket was missing!! $170 later and runs like a CHAMP! Thanx ALOT for the advice- Fred House:iceslolan
Automotive Network, Inc., Copyright ©2013