Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Water coming out the exhaust not antifreeze

trixterrrr
01-17-2010, 10:33 PM
I have a 2000 Tahoe with a 5.7 vortec. I just replaced the head and intake gaskets in it. I used AC Delco headgaskets and the updated Felpro intake gaskets. I have the cam timing set at 0 degrees. When I got it running it didn't run any better then before. I have lots of water coming out the exhaust. And yes it is water and not antifreeze, it is clear and I tasted it. Also when I check the cylinder misfire it show cylinder 5 has multply misfires. There is a new cap, rotor and plugs and wires. Can anyone please help?

Thanks

danielsatur
01-18-2010, 07:59 AM
I know it dosn't make sense, that's what cats do!

laxman21
01-18-2010, 02:07 PM
You do know that H2O is a by product of burning hydrocarbons

j cAT
01-18-2010, 05:00 PM
I have a 2000 Tahoe with a 5.7 vortec. I just replaced the head and intake gaskets in it. I used AC Delco headgaskets and the updated Felpro intake gaskets. I have the cam timing set at 0 degrees. When I got it running it didn't run any better then before. I have lots of water coming out the exhaust. And yes it is water and not antifreeze, it is clear and I tasted it. Also when I check the cylinder misfire it show cylinder 5 has multply misfires. There is a new cap, rotor and plugs and wires. Can anyone please help?

Thanks

check the compression of all cylinders compare to #5...
check the injector use meter see if its got proper connections and the ground when running pulses as the other injectors.

cat converters do produce water when they have to remove hydrocarbons...if #5 is not firing correctly this is a reason for this.

low compression/injector/plug/wire/cap/coil...valves/springs..

danielsatur
01-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Compression test #5, and roll your fuel injector.

trixterrrr
01-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Yes I do know that Cats create moisture, but I think this is excessive, you can let it idle for 5-10 mins and have a puddle the size of your hand on the cement. The fuel psi is at 55 psi and compression on #5 is 150 psi. This has the spider assembly in it for injectors, so how do you check them, do you just back probe the wires with a DVOM and if so how do you know which wires are for which injector?

Thanks again

j cAT
01-18-2010, 09:51 PM
Yes I do know that Cats create moisture, but I think this is excessive, you can let it idle for 5-10 mins and have a puddle the size of your hand on the cement. The fuel psi is at 55 psi and compression on #5 is 150 psi. This has the spider assembly in it for injectors, so how do you check them, do you just back probe the wires with a DVOM and if so how do you know which wires are for which injector?

Thanks again

you have low fuel pressure 55psi is too low on the 350/5.7L engine ....60-65psi...is what you should get ..

how did the compression of #5 compare with the other cylinders ?

did you compare the spark plugs for any color variation between cylinders.

Add your comment to this topic!