Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Sunroof issues

1badasschevy
01-14-2010, 04:24 PM
I need a little help. My sunroof keeps stopping when I try to open it. It does the same things when I try to close it. How do I get to the switch?

consultIII
01-14-2010, 07:34 PM
What year is your car?

I've had this happen and it turned out to be to much load on the sunroof motor from a seized track assembly. Lubed everything with penetrating fluid. Worked the track back and forth with help from a little hand pressure and it moved normally again.

1badasschevy
01-16-2010, 03:35 PM
What year is your car?

I've had this happen and it turned out to be to much load on the sunroof motor from a seized track assembly. Lubed everything with penetrating fluid. Worked the track back and forth with help from a little hand pressure and it moved normally again.
Its a 2004. Did you have any noise when the sunroof would stop? Mine is quiet, it just stops.

consultIII
01-16-2010, 05:05 PM
was quiet...moved slower but noise abnormal noises.

if you still want to remove the switch; do you have the overhead console? Removal procedure is different.

consultIII
01-16-2010, 05:06 PM
was quiet...moved slower but noise abnormal noises.

if you still want to remove the switch; do you have the overhead console? Removal procedure is different.

sorry ...moved slower but no abnormal noises

1badasschevy
01-16-2010, 08:15 PM
sorry ...moved slower but no abnormal noises
Yes I have the overhead homelink console. I took the screws out of the console but had no luck

consultIII
01-16-2010, 08:33 PM
-remove screw from console
-there are 2 retaining tabs on each side of the console; with a flat screw -driver push the tabs to the side and pull the console down from the headliner

1badasschevy
01-17-2010, 07:59 PM
-remove screw from console
-there are 2 retaining tabs on each side of the console; with a flat screw -driver push the tabs to the side and pull the console down from the headliner
So ill be able to get to the switch from there? I remebered recently that I forgot to close the roof all the way in the summer and the headliner got pretty wet in that area. I want to check and see if the contacts are rusted out.

consultIII
01-17-2010, 08:13 PM
So ill be able to get to the switch from there? I remebered recently that I forgot to close the roof all the way in the summer and the headliner got pretty wet in that area. I want to check and see if the contacts are rusted out.

yes. once the console is out, remove the switch from the console.

Add your comment to this topic!