97 Rodeo, died in Hwy, won't start

jesseeka2007
01-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Bought this SUV 2 weeks ago. Went to Leavenworth WA (3 hours away). Drove fine, when I parked it at the hotel it wouldn't start. tried to turn over, just no catch. Sprayed " quick start" in some filter/intake thing and it started. Left it with Mechanic. He pulled codes from check engine light. Fixed EVERYTHING he found (literally) Fuel pump relay, pcm relay, water pump/timing belt replacement, O2 sensor, Fuel pressure and injecters tested after and found to be corrected and contributing equally after all these things were replaced. Check engine light off. Drove home 2.5 hours, ran GREAT! Almost home, truck DIED on freeway right after check engine light came back on. Towed to shop..... any ideas?

Cat Fuzz
01-10-2010, 01:20 AM
Could be lots of things. Sounds like the mechanic in Leavenworth made quite a dime off you. Getting the code would narrow it down a bit.

But, in Leavenworth, where it broke down the first time, your description tells me it's something fuel related. Could be something dumb like the fuel pump overheating and failing when you get low on gas.

jesseeka2007
01-10-2010, 01:24 AM
Nah, I only paid $1100 for everything. He checked all the fuel stuff too. it pulled a few codes and he fixed all of those codes. The mechanic who got it tonight said he thinks it is mechanical. But the check engine light came on right before it died, so hopefully it will be more accurate as to what is really going on.

Add your comment to this topic!