Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tire Recommendations

RASCARS
01-08-2010, 07:48 PM
It has been a year and almost 20,000 miles, but I think I may be bonding with my 05 LS. I replaced a set of Bridgestone tires about 14,000 miles ago with a set of 4 KUMO's Esta. Price wise, they were less than half the cost of the Michelin's that were original equipment. The issue is that they are almost shot. I rotate AND balance every 5,000 miles and the alignment has been correct for all but the first 3,000 miles.

Does anyone have a tire recommendation that is reasonablely priced, longer lasting(say 30K miles) and quiet?
I realize that is a tall order, but I thought maybe one of you have found a tire that does all of the above. The KUMO's do two out of three-missing longivity.

I live in Florida, so summer only is just fine for me.

Thank you for taking time to read this.

I look forward to receiving feedback from whomever has a recommendation.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!:smile:

shorod
01-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Which of the Ecsta brands did you have? I put a set of Kumho Ecsta ASX on my wife's LS and she put about 30k on those tires before we traded the car, they still looked like new when we traded it in on her 2010 MKZ. There were some other Ecstas (MX I believe it was) that were more performance-oriented and are not intended to last long. I had a set on my Stealth twin turbo, after three days at the track they were showing significant wear, but I expected that.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!