Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I want my car to start!

confar
01-07-2010, 03:03 PM
I have a 2002 nissan sentra gxe with approx 100,000 miles. It has a 1.8 engine. A couple of weeks ago it wouldnt start in the morning. It didnt start until about 10 am or about 35 degrees. Thinking maybe fuel line freeze ran seafoam through a fill up. Ran fine for a week until it was cold again and the same thing. Started about 10 again when it warmed up a bit. Put Peek gas antifreeze in the tank this time. Ran fine until it got really cold in the last 7 days. My husbank tried a few shots of ether. No start. When he took his propane torch and kind of warmed the coil pack some fired right up. Now this is the only way you can get it to run now. i can only use one arm so I cant constantly raise the hood to do this when I need it to start. What is going on? I need my car! I cant miss alot of work! Help me please!

danielsatur
01-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Symtoms of a cold hard start is a bad, or dirty MAF/IACT sensor.

consultIII
01-11-2010, 09:56 PM
So your symtom is cranks but no start.

doesn't this car have coil over plug ignition and therefore 4 individual coil packs. Are you warming all four coil packs? These coil packs do have transistors in them that can fault but probably not 4 at once.

I'd check for spark (when the no start is current) from the information your have posted. the direction to take would depend on results from the spark test.

If no spark at all coils; the ecm power all the coils from a common feed. check for ecm power to the coils (again when the problem is active as everything will test ok when it warms up)

Add your comment to this topic!