Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need help fast. No crank no start

JeenyusVR4
01-07-2010, 11:31 AM
So i went to start my car this morning and it just cranks but wont start. I have a fuel pump hot wire kit so i turned my key to acc. and the fuel pump was making a loud noise that did not sound regular. Now after retightening all the connections to my battery i turn the key and i got nothing. The dash lights and everything inside the car turn on and work but the car wont crank over. I just got a new battery last week and my starter is less than 6 months old. I have good voltage coming from the battery and good cranking volts. Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated!!

VR43000GT
01-07-2010, 01:02 PM
With an altered fuel setup I would guess it would have something to do with that. A simple test to see if you are getting good fuel pressure is to take the "w" connector on the right side of your fuel rail off and crank it over. With some good fuel pressure it should come out like a water hose. I'd recommend bringing a few rags. Also, it's pretty cold where you live so putting in ~1 bottle of Heet in your tank (when it's full) may not be a bad idea.

JeenyusVR4
01-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Thank you very much for the advice i was checking through things and ya i did disconnect the fuel rail loop and nothing came out and now when i turn my car to acc. i dont even hear the fuel pump, i have the walbro 255lph fuel pump as well nd when its workin you can definately hear it. So ive narrowed it down to the fuel pump relay or the pump itself. as for the car not crankin just one the the wires to the started came out of the connector so got that fixed. So its crankin just no start now. Thanks again for the help nd ill keep ya posted on what i find out.

Add your comment to this topic!