Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 silo heater question

H_civic66
01-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks all for all the great info in the past now im hopeing for more, I have searched and cant seem to find what im looking for so help is needed. My heater works but the problem is it doesnt blow very hard, from 2 to 5 the air is the same, the blower is blowing harder but not out the vents. I believe its fine in the dfrost stage but out the vents and floor not so much.. Thanks for all the help.

H_civic66
01-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Ok so I figured it out, it is the switch isnt opening the door right. How do i get to that part exactly?

JRUMES
04-23-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm having the same problem but every now and then mine starts to work then goes back to hardly blowing. Can you tell me what you found out?

H_civic66
04-23-2010, 03:26 PM
Never found out anything, I just assumed by what others have said mine was ok.sorry i couldnt help.

roadrunner2
04-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Ok so I figured it out, it is the switch isnt opening the door right. How do i get to that part exactly?

The problem could be you have a bad switch, a bad blend door motor and/or a faulty resistor block at the blower motor.

Personally, I suspect the blend door motor, or even a sticking blend door.

The switch you can access by prying the bezel out (plus removing two small screws) and check the wiring connections and testing the switch.

Disassembly of some ductwork is required to access the blend door motor.

If the motor speeds up and down by adjusting the fan speed control knob, the resistors are good. If not, you need to replace the resisitor block which is attached to or very near the blower motor.

If you have the Haynes repair manual #38036 look at pages 3-7 and 3-8 for a full explanation of removal. Installation is just the reversal.

dewaynep
04-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Have you checked the cabin air filter?

Add your comment to this topic!