Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

MIL code 1336

hjuddson
01-04-2010, 03:39 PM
98 Honda Civic EX Auto coupe. Mil light P1336 crank position sensor intermittent interruption. Tried 3 different distributors, checked all resistance and continuity of wire harness according to trouble codes flow chart all check out as good and within values. Code continues to set at random intervals with any distributor. Engine seems to run fine in all situations and with any distributor. Replaced spark plugs. Same thing. Different caps and rotor with each distributor. Same thing. Pull wiggle wires same thing. Use obd11 reader to reset codes, monitor engine, etc. still the same thing. Sometimes it will take a few days to set code again, other times in minutes. Next in line on the flow chart is to replace ECU with a known good one but that is not simple or inexpensive. Still feels like a short somewhere to me and wonder if anyone has had any experience with this problem.

DownToGround
01-07-2010, 07:13 PM
its most likely your (cfk) sensor attached to the oil pump. seems the 1336 code is real common to that sensor..

hjuddson
01-08-2010, 11:49 AM
I took the car to autozone to read the code as I do not own a reader. Their computer put out a tape that I have that shows code p1336 for a Honda as:
001. crankshaft position sensor
002. Open or short circuit cond.
003. Poor electrical connection
I have been fighting this for a month dealing with what I understood to be the crankshaft position sensor buried in the distributor.
Now to your kind a generous spirit I finally get around to noticing that according to the manual I so gratefully found at this site that code 1336 is the crankshaft speed fluctauation senesor. A point for double checking your mind set and always getting another oppinion. It also makes sence as I recently replaced the timing blet and I probaly disturbed or cracked this sensor in the process. Thank you very much for clearing away the dark and heavy mist of single mindedness.

DownToGround
01-08-2010, 01:09 PM
glad i could help

Add your comment to this topic!