Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 Eclipse- Radiator fluid dissapears no leak

Nego
01-04-2010, 03:28 PM
I have a 96 eclipse. Every time I fill my reservoir with coolant it disappears like a couple days later. When its empty the gauge gets close to overheating especially when the car is stopped but so far it doesn't when i fill it up works good now i just took a look at it while filling it up and checked my spark plugs and one of them(far left) was leaking oil and u could see the bubbles ...im not sure if that has anything to do with it but there are no leaks whatsoever and the radiator was just replaced couple months ago so im trying to figure out what the problems is...maybe the head gasket but i'm not sure...need help thanks in advance...

vanilla gorilla
01-04-2010, 03:40 PM
If its not leaking it, it is a good posibility that it is burning it. You may have a blown head gasket.

99 limited
02-23-2010, 11:50 AM
check your oil levels. If your head is blow coolent might be leaking into your engine.. if it's offcolored of watery.. you have an issue

david-b
02-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Welcome to AF.

Firstly do a compression test. Testers are cheap and can be rented from most auto parts stores for really cheap. The compression test will tell a lot about a motor.

I would also drain the oil and check to see if coolant is in there. If so, headgasket is shot.

Does the car smoke at all out the tailpipe?

Make sure it doesn't overheat as it will start warping the head (if not done already) and you will have a bigger, more expensive problem then.

Nego
03-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the replies, A friend of mine that works at a dealer did a block test to check my head gasket and it came back negative but we did find out that air was getting into the coolant system somehow but not a lot. After the it stopped showing signs of air in the coolant we decided to give it a week and see what it does so its been 2 weeks and its not overheating like it used to but my coolant its still just randomly disappearing so I'll probably get with him again to see if we can find where the air its coming from. And no smoke coming out of the tailpipe.

Add your comment to this topic!