Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

heater blower hestiates

convertiblelady
01-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi, I have a 2006 Limited Sebring convertible. Recently I had it ideling and the heater blower quit and couldn't get it going, checked the fuse, checked wiring on blower, wiggled the wire close as I could get to heater control switch wouldn't come on. Put the manual back in the gove compartment and as I slammed it shut it started. We replaced the blower motor and shortly after we did it stopped briefly and hadn't that I know of for about 300 miles and yesterday it stopped briefly and when I switched between speeds it hestiated but did run. Still runs but I need to know it won't quit on me, I live in ND. and I need my heater blower. I did order a resistor but all of what I have read, it is on the older sebrings and the high speed still works when that goes bad. When mine quit there wasn't any speeds that worked. I'm wondering if it could be the climate control unit on mine.
Please help!!! :crying:

driving
02-24-2010, 12:12 AM
wow you live in nd and have a convertable? when do you put the top down. I have the same car except mine is a gtc. I would never buy a chrysler again. what cheap parts they put in. so far my heater switch is still working. although I don't drive the car much. but you are right about the resisiters. that is what happened to my friends olds alero (another junk) she only had the high fan speed. they had to put a new switch in.
my sebring I had to have a new power top motor installed about two years ago. luckly it was under warrenty. I didn't pay anything. but of course chrysler closed that dealership. my advice trade the sebring in on a new 2011 mustang with the new engine. thats what I think I am going to do.
K
ps- don't get me wrong the sebring is nice. I did rip out all the interior and had two tone glove leather heated seats put in. and it did take me from new jersey to ill. no problem. but it just seems evrything in it is so cheap.
but you must admit when the heat blows it does blow nice and HOT!!!!

Add your comment to this topic!