Where to buy?

mcjagers
01-01-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm looking for a project car but i don't really know where to look. I'm trying to find something that has been in an accident and the owners just didn't feel like fixing it. Is there any websites like these that anyone knows about?

Anything you know or any pointers you have would be much appreciated.

MagicRat
01-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Damaged or salvagable vehicles are often sold at dealer auctions.... but often this is only available to dealers, auto repair shops, etc.

Often, salvage yards will have a variety of damaged cars for sale, for repair.

Otherwise, try various auto trader sites, and free sites like Craigslist etc.

However, beware. If you do not have much experience working on cars, stay away from collision damage. It is usually very complex to repair damaged auto structures and chassis, and often requires sophisticated equipment, expense and know-how. Even minor dent and paint repair requires considerable skills and equipment to do properly.

IMO it is far easier and cheaper to repair mechanical damage, like seized engines, broken tramsissions, worn suspensions etc. I would MUCH rather rebuild an engine than do major body work.

mcjagers
01-02-2010, 12:22 PM
I'd rather work on an engine too but im haveing trouble finding cars with blown engines or some mechanical problems.

Thanks for the tips about body and cosmetic damage. I hadnt really thought about that. I just figured they would be cheaper to turn into a project car.

namirtha
01-21-2010, 09:14 AM
im looking for the car thats already accident so that i can reused again in cheap price.

-----------------------------
Link Removed by Moderator

Add your comment to this topic!