Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How to remove headlamp assembly

knl25
01-01-2010, 04:47 PM
I need to change my right turn signal bulb but could not figure how to remove the headlamp assembly to access the bulb. There is a metal clip on top of the assembly but it didn't help. It's a 2000 3.8L. Thanks ahead for your help.

catvents
01-01-2010, 09:29 PM
I need to change my right turn signal bulb but could not figure how to remove the headlamp assembly to access the bulb. There is a metal clip on top of the assembly but it didn't help. It's a 2000 3.8L. Thanks ahead for your help. On the top of headlamp assembly, you have 2 black 90 degrees clips (one each side of the headlamp). You have to pull to unlock them ( by the top). After just to pull the complete headlamp block and you will have acces to the signal lamp. Same process to replace the headlamp bulb if necessary.

knl25
01-04-2010, 09:51 PM
On the top of headlamp assembly, you have 2 black 90 degrees clips (one each side of the headlamp). You have to pull to unlock them ( by the top). After just to pull the complete headlamp block and you will have acces to the signal lamp. Same process to replace the headlamp bulb if necessary.

Thanks so much.

Selectron
01-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Hopefully a new bulb will fix it and you won't need this information, but if it still doesn't work with a new bulb then bear in mind that we've had a couple of reports of the front right turn signal not working due to damage in the wiring harness - it appears to affect the later models which use front and rear electronic control modules, which includes your 2000.

This is a lengthy thread so don't bother reading all of it - scroll down to post #10 for a description of wiring damage adjacent to the battery, and post #12 for wiring damage adjacent to the radiator overflow pipe:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=949708

Add your comment to this topic!