Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Deville DHS Rear Brakes

stmechanic
01-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Had the rear Brakes/Rotors replaced by local mechanic. Now the 'ABS' and 'Traction Control' warning lights come on as soon you start driving. Also dashboard computer reads a fault 'Service Stability Sys'. Local mechanic thinks this is a computer reset. Is this correct? Thanks for any advice.

maxwedge
01-01-2010, 11:23 AM
No, there is a problem in that system, it needs to be scanned with a scanner that can access the abs and bcm modules.

stmechanic
01-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the reply. Why would changing the brake pads and rotors cause a problem with these sensors? Is this normal? Is there anything on the rotor that senses wheel rotation. Could the rotor be wrong for the vehicle model?

maxwedge
01-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Unless the wiring or sensor were disturbed, what was done has no direct affect on the abs, although if he beat the rotor off because of rust it may have affected the bearing where the sensor is mounted, the scan will tell you which sensors if any are acting up.

protusile
02-22-2010, 07:52 PM
I have also received this Service Stability System light. You can check the error code from the driver information display.

Also you might want to just check the electrical connection. The connection is behind the wheel hub, you should be able to get at it without removing the wheel. The connector at the left wheel bearing was loose on my vehicle. I secured the connector and that fixed the problem.

If it's not the wiring then you'll have to replace the hub as the sensor and hub come as one unit.

Add your comment to this topic!