Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Problems with Father-in-Laws Magentis

Sandfobs
12-31-2009, 10:54 AM
Ok my father-in-law is in England right now and left his car at my house for the holidays and explained to me a problem he was having. First off the car is a 2004 Kia Magentis 2.7 Litre.

The problem was at a front passenger door the pin the pushes in to shut off the interior light was broken. Inside the rubber shell, I could feel the pin and it was detached. So I had too line it up and sit it there and close the door and this seemed to work, so I know this part would need to be replaced. The next morning after they left, I went to move the car to shovel the snow and it was completely dead. I boosted it and then let it run and it seemed fine, I shut it off and turned it back on without a problem. The next day I went to move it again and again it was dead. I'm sure this part has to be the problem, I unscrewed the screw holding his part in place and was not able to pull it out or anything. I was thinking I could make a quick fix. Any suggestions?

RahX
12-31-2009, 04:33 PM
Take the philips screw out that holds the switch in and unplug the switch. It is probably keeping the dome lights on. You should be allright until you get it replaced.

Sandfobs
01-03-2010, 03:25 PM
I have unsrewed the phillips screw but it doesn't slide out and I wasn't sure if I would break it by pulling to hard on it.

So I'm assuming I need to pull alittle harder to get the mechanisim out abit further and then I can unplug it?

RahX
01-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Yea, it is probably a bit stuck. When you unplug it make sure you can get the plug back out of the hole when you get the new one.

Add your comment to this topic!