Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

axle help

204beast
12-29-2009, 11:38 PM
well both my axles are shot,i bought the truck with a 3" lift,and the auto locks had to be changed to manual locking hubs(which was done before i bought the truck) , i notice when i removed the axle , the shaft where the nut holds the rotor in place is longer than the normal factory ones,which im guessing is for the manual hubs, now my problem is that,i dont know where to get new axles or even used ones that will work ,the ones that i got from the wreckers was a waste of money and time.

anybody got an answer for me???,winters are really bad here,and its my daily driver..

its a 01 rodeo3.2L v6 auto LSE w/3"lift on 33's

Cat Fuzz
12-30-2009, 12:10 AM
01 Rodeos did not have auto locking hubs. They had drive plates that connected the wheels to the axles permanently. The PO did you a favor by converting to manual locking hubs. But, this is just for informational purposes and is not relevant to your problem.

I'm not quite clear on what part you are talking about that is longer than stock. I think the terminology you're using could be the problem. Maybe you could snap some pics?

Also, you might want to try here. (http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/index.php) That forum is much more active and has a lot of Isuzu lovers that have all sorts of knowledge.

204beast
12-30-2009, 10:15 PM
sry dude i ment the spline that the rotors attach too is longer than normal ,i dont know if there aftermarket or custom made,thats the part thats giving me problems changing the axles

if i use axles from a non converted hub then the manual hub gears have nothing to sit on is which i ment about it beeing shorter than what i have now

i wish i snapped pics but i didnt

Add your comment to this topic!