hi

Gotian
12-29-2009, 05:13 PM
i just wanna poke my head here for a minute to say hi, lets see who responds, lol.

-The Stig-
12-29-2009, 05:49 PM
I was wondering where you Florida boys had run off to...

What's new with you kids?

Gotian
12-29-2009, 07:44 PM
long story, very long story, LMAO

In Chronological order...

Jetta broke down, timing belt snapped a week before i was going to change it. That was the last thing you guys heard from me. Since then I got a straight through mid-pipe and self installed it on the RX-8. I got mazdaspeed springs for really cheap from someone on the RX-8 Forums and installed it with a friend. Next I moved out of my parents house into an apartment with my girl. I sold the jetta for 500 and took the parts that were good (turbo, Fuel rail, Fuel pressure regulator, Manual Boost controller, CAI, and boost gauge.) so i could sell them for extra money or keep them if i ever get another 1.8t. Then too much "change" happened economy went even lower, the government exacted the "cash for clunkers" program, which then put alot of used car dealers (including alot of them that we insure) out of business. We lost 60% or our business due to companies going out of business alone. Business dropped, we had to sell the company. Luckily to the owner of the company my dad and I used to work for, whom is really good friends with my dad and has been for over 20 years. All of our operations went over there.

I confronted my bank about refinancing the RX-8 for me, so they said they would and the manager was going to get everything together for me they told me not to make any more payments so they can refinance from the current balance. Something else happened that I needed to pay a lot of money to get out of and it put me in a big hole.

I put a claim for unemployment since the company closed and i wasnt under the payroll for the new company we were at. My clain was accepted but something happened and they didnt give me any money for the weeks i would claim.

I decided to work from home to save money on gas. Good decision on my part as i would only go to the office when i needed to. I needed to move out of my apartment now as it was falling apart because our land lord wasnt taking care of the problems and i wasnt going to pay anymore for the crap hole it was turning into. I began looking for one in miami, too expensive. Then I decided it would be a good idea to start fresh and leave miami to find something cheaper. We decided to look at where my aunt an uncle live which is on the west coast of florida, where I can get a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom 2 car garage for 700-800 a month.

My banks rating dropped to Zero and was in danger of closing. Bank took the RX-8. I went to the bank, asked them WTF and the guy said, "oh it was out of my hands from the begining" I said " well you could've told me something so i could make payments. Whatever, tell me where I can get my stuff and how much i would need to pay to get it back." Guy calls me 30 minutes later and tells me where to go and that i would need to pay $16,000. My reply "Fuck you" in a calm voice.the guy then told me he would then need to sell the car in auction and that any adjustments would be placed on me. I said "do whatever you have to, im not paying anything." I get my stuff knowing they wont be able to sell the car since the front was being held by shoe laces (because my girl drove over a parking stop thing) and the mid pipe (because they cant sell the car at an auction without a cat on it making it illegal). I didnt care about the springs since i got them cheap or the mid-pipe because the catalytic converter is worth more money on ebay or the forums. Bank called me a week later saying they will sell the car back to me for 10k, i said no.

November 30 now and I moved out of the apartment to lehigh acres. I stayed with my aunt and uncle for 2 weeks while we looked for a house. We found one, very beautiful. We put the deposit and picked up the keys on december 11th. 30 minutes after picking up the keys, while in my friends car and sitting in traffic at a red light we hear a squeal of tires and we get smashed from behind making our car go into a truck in front of us. The truck took off as soon as traffic moved. An SUV hit my friends ford fusion from behind. Me and my friend were taken to the hospital since we were unable to move and me hitting my head on the headrest extremely hard making the paramedics think I might have a concussion. My girl was taken to the hospital after my aunt showed up. At the hospital they took a look at us and gave us meds. A cop showed up to get our report and he told us a juvenile correctional officer was the one who hit us. I was walking on a crutch for 2 weeks. Lawyers are involved as we are placing a lawsuit against the driver and possibly the county as the vehicle was owned by the county.

My unemployment got fixed and they deposited all the money I had been claiming, $1600. I started to look for a car. Found a car after christmas, went to see it Sunday bought it for $1700, put the title under my name today. Got myself a nice birthday present since tomorrow is my birthday. A 1988 Convertible RX-7 N/A with a full exhaust from the headers down made by racing beat, CAI, and a ported engine pushing an estimated 180whp N/A. Not bad for the N/A FC saves me the trouble of doing that, lol. New brakes, new clutch, engine was rebuilt to fix the leak in the previous apex seals. It has no radio (which is fine for now), the A/C belt is missing (Its in the 40's here so again not a problem right now) and the power steering is leaking (which I'm going to deactivate anyways) No oil leaks, it is now garage kept, seats arent ripped, convertible tops moves up and down with no problems, car starts as if its brand new. Can't complain for $1700 especially since ive seen them in much worse condition for more money.163,000 miles which is about 7,500 a year again, cant complain.

So how is everyone else?

TorchedStealth
12-30-2009, 12:35 AM
Man sounds like youve been through some tough stuff lately. Hang in there! Sounds like you got a nice little project car

Gotian
12-30-2009, 12:43 PM
yeah it'll be alright, gotta stay positive. as for the car, it could be a nice project car once i get back on my feet. right now i have to save to get a second car for my girl. Im not worried so much about the modding since it has mods on it. And if youre asking why i didnt get a turbo II model, its cause i didnt want to spend 4k on a decent one, lol.

Polygon
01-02-2010, 02:48 AM
I'd love a Turbo II FC sometime.

Sorry to hear about all the bullshit you've had to deal with lately man. I hope things really turn around for ya'.

Gotian
01-02-2010, 03:08 AM
i hear you on the turbo II maybe later on i could do a swap. the beauty of the convertible one though is that it already has the lighter rims and the lighter hood. The convertible hoods are even lighter than the Turbo II ones.

CivRacer95
01-03-2010, 11:57 AM
So to summarize what you have been through: You got shit on by life, followed by more shit.

Hope your luck changes.

i hear you on the turbo II maybe later on i could do a swap. the beauty of the convertible one though is that it already has the lighter rims and the lighter hood. The convertible hoods are even lighter than the Turbo II ones.

A swap eh? Why not swap for a 350 small block? From what most say, they are cheaper, more reliable and make more power. Was almost gonna buy one, and I still can for roughly 3500 with an extra motor. Unless you may be interested?

Gotian
01-03-2010, 04:02 PM
good way of putting it, lmao, its alright im being optomistic about things as much as i can. You have to be.

As far as the swap goes it would only be done once i get a car for the Mrs. and another car for me. I would prefer a turbo II swap because I can get a completely rebuilt one that is already race ported and tuned and installed for under 3k.

Sleepr awd
01-06-2010, 08:16 PM
glad things are finally starting to look up for you!!! Sounds like you've been through hell but it's always a brighter day on the other side of it.

Gotian
01-09-2010, 12:46 AM
Here are the delayed pics

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/_dude_u_weirdo/kris%20pictures/IMG_6488.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/_dude_u_weirdo/kris%20pictures/IMG_6489.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/_dude_u_weirdo/kris%20pictures/IMG_6490.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/_dude_u_weirdo/kris%20pictures/IMG_6492.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/_dude_u_weirdo/kris%20pictures/IMG_6487.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b262/_dude_u_weirdo/kris%20pictures/IMG_6486.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!