Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cavalier RWD conversion kits HELP

littleman22
12-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Are they out there,or would the s-10 drive train work of the Z24 engine tranny bolts, any1 out there tryed or what, becuz i wanna make a Z24 show car that is RWD

J-Ri
12-28-2009, 08:10 PM
My best advice is to rethink your plan. Cavaliers aren't really show car material. Don't get me wrong, they're good cars, but if you want a show car get a Camero or Corvette. It can be done, but you have to build a frame (FWD unibody structure won't hold up to RWD), tunnel the body for the D/S, build tons of custom mounts/brackets, the work just goes on and on. I think there's a thread in "engineering/technical" about this... way too much work. Between everyone who responded, there must be a hundred major modifications... basically you're building a car from scratch because nothing is a direct (or even close) fit.

But to answer your question, no kits for this, and an S-10 drivetrain would probably be the closest fit.

CarolinaCavy
01-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Go to SmithPerformance.com I think they might have what your looking for. I have a 1996 Z-24 and it would be cool to do this but considering the money and time it's probably just best to buy another car, but on the other hand it would be badass.

Joe Wilson
05-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Just go to your nearest drag strip and check out the V8 Cavaliers running there. At almost any strip you'll find several of them and they usually have tube frames under them, an expensive proposition.

Civicslayerz24
03-08-2018, 11:15 PM
I have a 1990 cavalier z24 with a 3.1 v6 and I'm working on converting my car to rwd with a tranny and axel from a 89-90 camaro rs with a 3.1 if that help u at all

Add your comment to this topic!