Muti Codes due to CEL

yackmaster
12-23-2009, 08:59 PM
I bought a 1998 Passport 2 months ago it has 186,000. I have replaced a lot of sensors in the last 2 weeks. Specficaly the TPS, all 4 O2 sensors, Idle Air Control Valve, Manifold Air Temperature Sensor, and EGR.

I'm still getting the following codes..

P0405 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor A Circuit Low...intresting since I just replace the EGR valve yesterday. I also tried to clean the EGR tube in the manafold as it was not horrably gunked up but I cleaned it as best I could with SEAFOAM and Carb Cleaner. I'm sure i could keep working on this to make it cleaner.

P0327 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Low Input (Bank I or Single Sensor)... One of the sensors i have not replaced so it is now on the list.

P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input.... I cleaned this also but how can i check to see if it bad?

Thanks in advance.. Many posts on this forum have solved other issues I've had already.

Cat Fuzz
12-24-2009, 12:51 AM
None of these codes automatically means that the mentioned sensor should be replaced.

yackmaster
12-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Any suggestions on how to check the actual sensors to see if they are good? All thye harnesses appear to be in good shape.

Cat Fuzz
12-24-2009, 01:51 PM
You really need a service manual. It's too much to get into here. There are troubleshooting steps that are outlined in a service manual that will help. Or, you can google each code and usually come up specific information. Don't worry about manufacturer, the codes are standard for all cars.

chaswe75
01-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Bought a brand new Delphi EGR and it was faulty. Might want to verify it's good. I went months with the code, cleaned everything and could not get rid of the code. Finally swapped a different working egr and voila.

yackmaster
01-13-2010, 08:25 PM
FYI.. Exchanged the EGR yesterday and I was able to go 1 full day before the EGR code came back... the investigating will continue.

yackmaster
01-14-2010, 07:34 PM
FYI... CEL and EGR low voltage code.... Thought I'd try something new.

I took the connection plug off the new EGR and "tighted/pinched" the female connectors with a small screw driver. After reinstalling the plug the CEL was off. It satyed off for about 5 mins of driving and satyed on while I ran errands for 3 hours... only to turn it self off 5 mins before I got home.

Still stumped.

Add your comment to this topic!