New Car Help

Riptide879
12-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Hey Guys, looking for a new used car. Living in New England, there are certain guidelines that I am searching for. They are:

1. Must be a manual transmission car

2. Must have either four wheel or all wheel drive

3. Looking for either a sedan, coupe, hatchback car, or a sporty, small SUV

4. Would be nice if a turbo was included but not essential
5. Can be either gasoline or diesel

The reason why I had difficulty finding a car like this is the manual transmission. I have found a decline in manual transmission cars in recent years to the point where it is difficult to find a manual car. Many people in this forum know more about cars than I will ever know so I figured here would be the best place to ask about cars. Any information is appreciated greatly including if you have a car like this or know someone who has one.

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Shpuker
12-23-2009, 02:16 AM
Hey Guys, looking for a new used car. Living in New England, there are certain guidelines that I am searching for. They are:

1. Must be a manual transmission car

2. Must have either four wheel or all wheel drive

3. Looking for either a sedan, coupe, hatchback car, or a sporty, small SUV

4. Would be nice if a turbo was included but not essential
5. Can be either gasoline or diesel

The reason why I had difficulty finding a car like this is the manual transmission. I have found a decline in manual transmission cars in recent years to the point where it is difficult to find a manual car. Many people in this forum know more about cars than I will ever know so I figured here would be the best place to ask about cars. Any information is appreciated greatly including if you have a car like this or know someone who has one.

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Price range woulda been nice :tongue: But heres my top picks for that type of list.

- BMW X3 (I think it comes in a full manuel but I know its got the Semi-auto)

- Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel (semi-auto, its shiftable so IDK if thats good enough)

- Mitsubishi Lancer (same situ. as the X3, dunno if its got a full manuel but I know its got a semi)

- BMW 3 or 5 series w/ Xdrive.

Riptide879
12-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Sorry I knew I forgot something. My price range is from $15-20k. The suggustions aren't bad though, thanks.

Shpuker
12-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Sorry I knew I forgot something. My price range is from $15-20k. The suggustions aren't bad though, thanks.

K I'll throw some years in there.

2004-2005 X3

Diesel GC is out but a V8 from 06-07 could be had.

Probably somethin like an 06 EVO

Maybe a little older on the 3 or the 5, 04-05 maybe?

MagicRat
12-23-2009, 08:25 PM
What, nobody has mentioned Subaru? Their cars would fit the OP's needs to a 'T', particularly the Legacy and Impreza.
For that money you could get a newer one. I especially like the 6 cyl engines, although some models used a turbo 4 cyl in the past.

Shpuker
12-24-2009, 12:36 AM
What, nobody has mentioned Subaru? Their cars would fit the OP's needs to a 'T', particularly the Legacy and Impreza.
For that money you could get a newer one. I especially like the 6 cyl engines, although some models used a turbo 4 cyl in the past.

You forgot I hate Subies? shame on you! :D

MagicRat
12-24-2009, 12:51 AM
You forgot I hate Subies? shame on you! :D
Well, before you start inflicting your irrational prejudices upon others, I think you chould change your sig to this: :)

akboss
12-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Yes, let's all buy Jeep Grand Cherokees. Then we can either catch on fire from exploding gas tanks, roll over when turning because of the stupid top-heavy design that is meant for military use not for driving on roads, and we can all go broke filling up our gas tanks every 300 Kms.

My 2 cents is 1) Subaru Legacy (Outback if you want more ground clearance), 2) Mazdaspeed6 (turbo with 6-speed manual), or 3) Hyundai Santa Fe or Tucson - I know the base models had stick shifts (poor ones), might be able to get them AWD not sure. Not sure if you could find one in your price but a 2006 Audi A3 Quattro is a nice little car, or the even more recent VW Tiguan, using the 2.0T engine from the GTI.

Shpuker
12-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Yes, let's all buy Jeep Grand Cherokees. Then we can either catch on fire from exploding gas tanks, roll over when turning because of the stupid top-heavy design that is meant for military use not for driving on roads, and we can all go broke filling up our gas tanks every 300 Kms.

My 2 cents is 1) Subaru Legacy (Outback if you want more ground clearance), 2) Mazdaspeed6 (turbo with 6-speed manual), or 3) Hyundai Santa Fe or Tucson - I know the base models had stick shifts (poor ones), might be able to get them AWD not sure. Not sure if you could find one in your price but a 2006 Audi A3 Quattro is a nice little car, or the even more recent VW Tiguan, using the 2.0T engine from the GTI.

Yea cause a great snow vehicle that gets 20mpg designed for light off roading and has decent on road performance (good for an SUV) was just a terrible idea.

Seriously, I know you hate the Grand Cherokee with a passion but its a good SUV, get over it

Add your comment to this topic!