Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cd player

1999windstar
12-22-2009, 06:50 PM
We have a 2006 lacrosse. The cd player says there is no cd in it, but it won't take a cd. I think there is a cd stuck inside. Each time we enter the car the cd player is making a noise, It is just the standard cd player that the car came with. Does anyone know how to fix this?

polarzak
12-23-2009, 08:32 AM
I have had this happen on two GM vehicles. On my daughter's Grand Am, I had to remove the radio/CD unit to get he offending CD out. It worked perfectly after that. The CD was a home burn.
On my Buick, it says there is no CD in, but will not accept a CD like yours. Thinking there might be one stuck, I removed the radio/CD unit, and there was nothing inside. I read on the net that if you disconnect the battery for a minute or so, the player will reset, and work fine. I tried that but it didn't work for me, so I am assuming on mine a chip or something has blown. It is $265 to get fixed, so I said the heck with that and just use my MP3 player plugged in the AUX jack. Actually I like it better.
Wish I could help more. Good luck.

1999windstar
12-28-2009, 08:00 PM
I got the cd out! If you look inside of the cd player, to the right side there are two white tabs. I used a bobby pin and pushed on the large one while pushing the eject button and it came out.

Thanks for the help.

Add your comment to this topic!