2003 lesabre-heated seats

jerry1967
12-22-2009, 12:00 PM
I have a 2003 Lesabre with heated seats. The drivers side doesn't work and the passenger side doesn't warm up verry good. Does anybody have any idea how to fix this problem?

pcmos
12-23-2009, 03:44 AM
I have the same problem with my 2004. After doing a fair amount of research it appears to be pretty clear that the heater element in my driver's seat has failed. Unfortunately replacing the element pad is pretty tricky and requires removal and disassembly of the seat to do it properly. I also need to get to a dealer to find out if the original heater element is available anymore. I can't seem to find an OEM direct replacement online. Aftermarket units won't work because the OEM pad has a thermister built in, according to the factory shop manual.

polarzak
12-24-2009, 05:24 AM
I agree with pcmos. If you checked fuses and the connections under the seat you are pretty much out of luck having it repaired with OEM parts. You could try an auto wrecker for a whole seat I guess. With my wife's car, I just bought her one of those $50 heated seat cushion things one plugs into the lighter. Didn't look pretty, but better than a cold bum and an unhappy wife.:nono:. For anyone reading this with working heated seats, don't put your knee into the seat whilst leaning in and reaching for something on the other side of the car. According to a friend, it is one of the beast ways to kill the heating element.

Add your comment to this topic!