Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ew Car Sugguestions ($30,000 - $40,000)

bubbykong
12-22-2009, 03:58 AM
I’m looking for a new car in the price range of around $30,000 - $40,000. I was considering a 2010 SS2 Camaro or an sti or evo. Can you guys give me suggestions of which car you would recommend that is in that price range and would be the best for the money?

Im kinda inbetween having a car i can throw on rims make it showy or something to mod etc

akboss
12-22-2009, 07:17 AM
It depends what you like to mod. If you like American cars, the 3 muscle cars had a great showing at SEMA this year (Mustang, Camaro and Challenger), and Ford is bringing out their 5.0L ass-kickin' V8 for the 2010 Stang GT, but that's pricey. Cadillac is the other favourite to tart up with big rims, often the CTS - personally I think it looks like trash but that's just me.

bubbykong
12-22-2009, 12:19 PM
It depends what you like to mod. If you like American cars, the 3 muscle cars had a great showing at SEMA this year (Mustang, Camaro and Challenger), and Ford is bringing out their 5.0L ass-kickin' V8 for the 2010 Stang GT, but that's pricey. Cadillac is the other favourite to tart up with big rims, often the CTS - personally I think it looks like trash but that's just me.

if i showed up in with cash think i can drive off with a shelbygt? and when are the releases of the 5.0 stangs? and how much more are they?

DMC12
12-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Infiniti G37. Best of all worlds.

PS - Cash puts you at a disadvantage when buying a new car. The dealer makes extra money on loans & leases.

akboss
12-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Not sure on the pricing for the 5L GT but here's the article:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/17/2011-ford-mustang-gt-to-offer-412-horsepower-5-0l-v8/

It looks bad-ass, I'd guess a $2000-4000 price jump from the 4.6, as it will likely include some extra kit.

I forgot about the G37, it's a solid car. I prefer the 370Z though, less luxury and more performance, and correct me if I'm wrong but they're making a Nismo version coming soon that's sure to be a killer.

bubbykong
12-22-2009, 05:15 PM
the g37 i love it it looks clean i like the look of the car luxury and still has a nice get up it seems actually drove one awhile back and loved it nice smooth ride. my situation is i have about 33k in cash and my car still which is a 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged with about 54,000 miles and some light mods now im not sure how much i can haggle but would like these options:

overall i want something that has some pickup but nice interior and all that and doesnt feel cheap and not like driving half the value of it off the lot when purchasing it. Still debating the AWD sub or evo but the options here are the ones im looking into the most. Tell me what you all think

the finals cars im looking heavily into now is...

ss camaro ss2- test drove one loved it but didnt like kinda how everything looked from the drivers seat. seemed like i was a little kid looking over the steering wheel butcan get top of the line ss2 with rs package manual out on net price about 35k

Infiniti G37-was looking at the 370z but i like the g37 a lil bit more. not sure major differences but i think i could get in a top line g37 or a nismo 370z which i would like both. to me it seems the nismo is the g37 but with the g37 you have to pay extra for the packages which make them around same price both around 40k

Mustang Shelby GT500- would love the car all around if it was possible i could get into one. hauls and would clean murdered out but pricey at 47k dont think i could haggle myself into one.

BMW 335i- something about these i like my friend owns a 2002 3 series and its nice. they look clean and have nice power. but its starting at 43k out the door without additional accesories so would be the bottom end of them. 43k

Shpuker
12-23-2009, 01:12 AM
Woot I get to say it on 2 sites to! :D

First off, *cough* Challenger R/T/ *cough* who said that? :D any way, The G37 looks nice from what I've seen, the 335 is a little above your price range but if you really want to you could look at the diesel model, the GT500 is probably a little much maybe the less powerful GT? And the Camaro looks really good and the performance is pretty good.

Good news is that all your current options are a step up from your Cobalt. :D

akboss
12-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Woot I get to say it on 2 sites to! :D

First off, *cough* Challenger R/T/ *cough* who said that? :D any way, The G37 looks nice from what I've seen, the 335 is a little above your price range but if you really want to you could look at the diesel model, the GT500 is probably a little much maybe the less powerful GT? And the Camaro looks really good and the performance is pretty good.

Good news is that all your current options are a step up from your Cobalt. :D

Who would have guessed you would suggest a Challenger! :grinno: The new Challenger R/T with the 6-speed and whatever that 'classic package' is looks amazing, especially in that B5 blue colour - saw one the other day and it hands-down looks better than the new Camaro. I've seen and ridden in a 2010 Camaro SS2 and it feels like its trying too hard to be cool.

Shpuker
12-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Who would have guessed you would suggest a Challenger! :grinno: The new Challenger R/T with the 6-speed and whatever that 'classic package' is looks amazing, especially in that B5 blue colour - saw one the other day and it hands-down looks better than the new Camaro. I've seen and ridden in a 2010 Camaro SS2 and it feels like its trying too hard to be cool.

I've really become a fan of the white ones :D maybe with some black rims?
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo92/eddieddag/pic8.jpg

akboss
12-23-2009, 12:24 PM
That would look awesome...I've seen some done too with same-color stripes but in flat paint instead of gloss. Like a white car with white stripes in flat paint, or same with black. Only thing is white cars don't look good forever - I have a white car, and as soon as you get a spot of rust it shows up like a sore thumb.

Shpuker
12-23-2009, 05:22 PM
That would look awesome...I've seen some done too with same-color stripes but in flat paint instead of gloss. Like a white car with white stripes in flat paint, or same with black. Only thing is white cars don't look good forever - I have a white car, and as soon as you get a spot of rust it shows up like a sore thumb.

Tis true, tis also convenient to have a garage :D

Add your comment to this topic!