Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Silhouette windows steam up.

Rama
12-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi there. I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with there windows steaming up excessively inside. I thought it might have been a heater core problem so I put in some stop leak but that didn't work, I have tried anti fog treatments on the inside windows and that hasn't worked. Does anyone have any other suggestions. Thanks

terrypg
12-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Check the Drain hole on the a/c evaporator case and make sure it is not plugged and water is not building up in the a/c-heater box. If it is open and draining properly, then pressure test the cooling system and look for heater core leaks.

Rama
12-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks terrypg. I will check that first thing tomorrow and will let you know what I find.

Scott Dunn
12-24-2009, 06:48 PM
My van was doing this too. I looked at the heater core and saw that it had a tiny leak that was turning into steam. If it is the heater core, the moisture on the glass would have the anit-freeze smell.

Rama
01-03-2010, 05:47 PM
terrypg had the garage check the drain and it was clear,but both of my filters where plugged with leaves so changed them but the windows still steam up.

Rama
01-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Scott, thanks for your response. the garage check for a leak in the heater core and found nothing. the windows only steam up when the temp outside goes below +1 deg Celsius. There is no antifreeze smell inside the van and no film left on the windows but it also has that pink antifreeze and I was told it is harder to detect. Maybe I will try and check the core myself unless the leak is from the back heater.

Add your comment to this topic!