Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mercedes driver going Japanese?

Dealmaker
12-17-2009, 04:14 PM
I have a '95 Mercedes E420 and I love how it feels and drives. It has 160,000 miles and maintenance is expensive. I am going to be traveling for work a lot soon and need to get a car that is less expensive to maintain but hopefully doesn't sacrifice much in terms of driveability. From what I can tell Lexus and Infiniti are my best bets in my price range ($8-15k in California).

I'm interested in opinions from anyone who's ever had either German or high-end Japanese as a daily driver and can share some input. And of course anyone who has had both is even better!

Shpuker
12-18-2009, 02:06 AM
I have a '95 Mercedes E420 and I love how it feels and drives. It has 160,000 miles and maintenance is expensive. I am going to be traveling for work a lot soon and need to get a car that is less expensive to maintain but hopefully doesn't sacrifice much in terms of driveability. From what I can tell Lexus and Infiniti are my best bets in my price range ($8-15k in California).

I'm interested in opinions from anyone who's ever had either German or high-end Japanese as a daily driver and can share some input. And of course anyone who has had both is even better!

Thad be my cue :D.

As far as Germen, their ogone be expensive to maintain, but if you want the best car for your money, either a Bimmer or a Merc.

Japanese cars are gona be the exact same just not as luxurious or powerful, but depending on which it could have better mileage.

As far as american luxury cars...... I'd avoid them.

Add your comment to this topic!