Page updated on 11-23-2017

Dodge charger vs acura TL

victor1312
12-16-2009, 01:35 PM
hi forum.. im new to this. in about 2 weeks i have a choice of 2 amazing cars.. and im stuck on which one to choose. The charger or the acura TL. Ive heard the sxt is a good car and i heard the acura tl is also a good car with good packages in the purchase. i love the chargers aggressive look.
Can you guys give me good pros and cons so i can decide? thanks and please welcome me :D

Oldengineer
12-17-2009, 12:04 AM
The build quality of the Charger pales in comparison with the TL. Until Chrysler discovers quality control again I'd stay away from them. I've owned 14 Chryslers - the last being an 05 model. There's now a Honda sitting in my driveway.

Regards:
Oldengineer

Shpuker
12-24-2009, 03:22 AM
New? Cause if your lookin new or even semi new there are MUCH better options. but outta those 2 the Charger. More powerful and it looks way better, though the Charger to be honest, doesn't look stunning on any level

akboss
01-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Acura TL -

Pros: Build quality, modern, reliable, high resale value, brand value (if you're into that snobby crap), luxurious and pretty good on gas.
Cons: Expensive to purchase and maintain, not as easy to find a service/dealer, premium fuel and high(er) insurance.

Charger SXT:

Pros: RWD performance/handling (in good weather), cheaper to buy and maintain, big dimensions, comfortable highway cruiser.
Cons: RWD performance (bad weather, snow), cheap interior/exterior, poor craftsmanship/quality control, thirsty motors, awful resale value.

The Acura TL is an excellent car that far surpasses the Charger for quality, luxury and craftsmanship. If you want a sports car to boot around the backroads, then I would recommend the Charger - for every other reason the TL is, in my opinion, a better car.

Shpuker
01-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Yea I'd consider the Acura name a con personally. Personal experiences but whatever lol :D

like I said, overall the Charger is a funner better looking (at least I think so), and if I remember right is available with AWD. Might only be the Chrysler 300 though. <-- a better option than the Charger but there are much better options for what your looking for

akboss
01-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Yep, Chrysler 300 3.5L w/AWD would be the most comparable to a TL. If you put enough options into a 300 it's not a bad vehicle - but base to base, the TL has more standard equipment - in fact, I believe the only options are a tech or sport package.

Add your comment to this topic!