Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

weird things happening to my stereo

Cavaturbo
12-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Hi I have a pioneer premire deh-p600ub stereo on my honda prelude for a year or so. After i replaced my car battery, the stereo started to act strange. when i start the car, it turns on for a couple of sec then turns off. As i was driving, it would sometimes turn on for a few moments then turns off. That was like 1 month ago, then few weeks ago, it wont even turn on, so i took the faceplate out.

Today, i found out you can reset the deck so i went to my garage and inserted my key to the on position and put my face plate in. to my surprise it showed the demo screen. i tried my usb stick and it worked! I thought it had magically fixed it self. Minutes later i started the car and then the stereo blinked and turned off again. i panicked and tried the reset button but it didnt do anything.....what is going on???

I checked the fuse under the steering wheel as well as the fuse under the hood and they are not burnt out. I assume the stereo fuse is OK because it turns on this morning before i start the car and that the motorized faceplate has always worked. Anyone know what is going on?? thanks

PaulD
12-16-2009, 05:19 PM
try taking the faceplate off and cleaning the gold contacts on both the placepate and the headunit with an eraser from a pencil.

Add your comment to this topic!