Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 expedition EB

jules44
12-15-2009, 07:46 PM
:banghead:theft lite blinks .. wont start ... I have to jump start... help

dufoe7112
03-13-2010, 12:58 AM
did you get a new key made? If so the key is prolly not programed to the truck. Thats all i know. happened to me with my grand prix.

exitRooster
03-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Like the previous posted stated.. You have to get a key programmed.. If you read my recent post, I went through this exact thing, I'll summarize for ya:

There is a chip (they call it a "transponder" key, I'm assuming it's rfid or similar) that the vehicle has to be programmed to. If you currently own 2 "properly" coded keys, you can add the 3rd (up to 8 I think??) yourself, but if you're like me, and with the recent purchase received only one transponder key (and I also got one completely useless regular cut key, great for opening doors, but that's it, rofl) you'll need to take a trip to the dealer.

That said, call your dealers in your area before you decide.. I found a place online that sells the keys (http://www.autotransponder.com/2007_FORD_EXPEDITION_Keys_and_keyless_entry_remote s.php) which carries the keys for $19.99 each.. Course they'll still need to be cut and programmed.. Depending on your dealer, I'm told sometimes they'll do it (the programming part) free as a courtesy. As it turned out for my key, the best price at the dealer I found was $32 for the key and $50 for the programming. Hope this helps!

jules44
12-31-2010, 10:40 AM
drivers side lower ???? help.... thx much

Add your comment to this topic!