Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Is anyone here an "expert" on justanswer.com?

J-Ri
12-14-2009, 05:37 PM
I signed up as one in the automotive category (may as well get paid to answer stuff, right? :)), passed their little test, and then they wanted to verify my credentials. The third party site that does this has a secure server (which means that only they can steal my info) and is TRUSTe verified (which from searching I learned may be a bad thing) and they ask for your SSN. I know it's needed to verify that I'm me and I did the stuff I said, but I'm very hesitant to give anyone that info, especially an internet company.

I did all the searches already (justanswer.com, contractor.cpscreen.com and truste.com - with scam, fraud, hoax, identity theft, etc. added on) and found everything from thousands of rambling semi-coherent complaints to what were most likely genuine billing problems and some potential identity theft problems. I think this is most likely a scam, but I wanted to see if any "old timers" here were also "experts" there. The extra money would be nice, but I don't need it enough to take any risk at all.

Thanks,
Jason

Add your comment to this topic!