Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 lesabre custom no power to blower motor

bpetricek
12-14-2009, 04:37 PM
bought this car from my grandmother about 2 years ago, heat worked fine up untill i came back up to ny about a month ago and the blower motor stoped working, tested the resistor, and relays, both functioning and getting power, used a test light to see if blower motor was getting power and it is not, jumped power to the blower motor and it works but im getting no power to it. please advise it is starting to get very cold out and i need heat.

HotZ28
12-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Any burnt wires or terminals @ the resistors?

bpetricek
12-14-2009, 08:29 PM
nope, car was garage kept and never really drivin untill i got it, car only has 40k miles on it, resistor looks brand new and has power going through all the resistors/coils.

imidazol97
12-14-2009, 08:34 PM
bought this car from my grandmother about 2 years ago, heat worked fine up untill i came back up to ny about a month ago and the blower motor stoped working, tested the resistor, and relays, both functioning and getting power, used a test light to see if blower motor was getting power and it is not, jumped power to the blower motor and it works but im getting no power to it. please advise it is starting to get very cold out and i need heat.

Fuses:

Driver side instrument panel block: #5A, auto ac cruise 15 A
#5D x BASE AC 25 A

RH underhood Fuse block (Relay Center) big fuses
AC Fuse #3, 30 A.

You say the resistor gets power... but the resistor unit close to the blower motor in the air passage doesn't send power on to the blower motor? Did you pull the resistor out?

Even if the resistor is blown in the resistor that all three speeds go through, the high speed should work because it's bypass from the 30A fuse directly to the relay in the Relay Center and then to the blower. It's a red wire to the blower relay while the one from the resistor block is Dk Blue.

bpetricek
12-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Fuses:

Driver side instrument panel block: #5A, auto ac cruise 15 A
#5D x BASE AC 25 A

RH underhood Fuse block (Relay Center) big fuses
AC Fuse #3, 30 A.

You say the resistor gets power... but the resistor unit close to the blower motor in the air passage doesn't send power on to the blower motor? Did you pull the resistor out?

Even if the resistor is blown in the resistor that all three speeds go through, the high speed should work because it's bypass from the 30A fuse directly to the relay in the Relay Center and then to the blower. It's a red wire to the blower relay while the one from the resistor block is Dk Blue.
yes i pulled resistor out, high speed nor any other speeds work, just checked all the fuses even the ones that had nothing to do with heat or ac, all good there, mid speed relay and high speed relays both clicked seems like they are working normaly, poped the caps off the relays and they both actuate normally.

big white bufflo
12-22-2009, 07:53 PM
the blower cuircit works on a to ground to complete try a groud wire

Add your comment to this topic!