Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1992 Honda Accord RPM Issues

laloquera
12-14-2009, 02:01 AM
I've posted before on this very issue, nothing pan out. So here I am reposting. I知 doing 65 in the freeway, and my RPM is doing about 2.5 RPM with cruise control on. My RPM will jump up to 2.9 RPM, I知 not loosing power and speed. This was about a year ago!
Now, I知 having the same issues, but I知 feeling a slight jolt. WTF is up with this? I知 hoping has had this issue in the pass, with a remedy to share in here. Hope to hear from you soon. Gratz!
Laloquera
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

somick
12-18-2009, 03:41 PM
What are the conditions of ATF (I assume this is automatic). Was it ever changed?

Check your coolant level. Make sure you do not have air packets.

Good luck,

Sam

laloquera
12-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Iteresting! Ive have not check either, and will do it asap. I'll keep you posted. Can you give me a possile explaination or a clarification to your diognociss? Oh! Its an automatic.
Thanks
Laloquera

tubais
12-18-2009, 10:43 PM
i'm not real familiar with honda tranny's and someone else might be able to say if it has a lock up torque converter but if something was telling it to unlock that would explain it

jeffcoslacker
12-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Yes it has a TCC lockup. The rpm rise/drop he describes is about right for a lock/unlock cycle.

Anything that adds additional load while cruising can command unlock (rpm's rise on unlock)...slight rise in the road, A/C comp turning on, headwind, etc).

That TCC is probably a pretty simple device on that year. Easiest way to verify would be to disable the TCC solenoid and see if the symptom goes away. I could figure out how to do it if I was looking at the car, but I can't tell you from memory how to do it on yours...

They can be unplugged at the external tranny wiring, or on some vehicles you can simply remove the fuse that powers it. Will be listed as "TCC" or "LOCKUP" on an advanced fuse schematic...

Add your comment to this topic!