Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2005 Tahoe Traction Control Light

Electra8
12-09-2009, 05:56 PM
When taking off from a stopped position, the traction control light comes on and the vehicle acts as if power has disengaged. Vehicle can be warm or cold. Weather conditions can be wet or dry. Problem is so intermittent that a service code won't register. Any suggestions?

roadrunner2
12-09-2009, 10:12 PM
When taking off from a stopped position, the traction control light comes on and the vehicle acts as if power has disengaged. Vehicle can be warm or cold. Weather conditions can be wet or dry. Problem is so intermittent that a service code won't register. Any suggestions?

When wheel slip is detected, the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) will activate the traction control mode.

A signal is sent from the EBCM to the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) commanding less torque to the drive wheels.

Torque is reduced by retarding the ignition timing and by controlling the throttle control actuator.

I don't know if that will help or not.

Silvio99
02-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Has anybody gotten to the bottom of this problem? I have the exact same problem and my car wil go out of (extended) warranty soon. Since this is intermittent, does anybody know of a way to "cause" this problem for the service tech?Thanks for your help!

MT-2500
02-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Has anybody gotten to the bottom of this problem? I have the exact same problem and my car wil go out of (extended) warranty soon. Since this is intermittent, does anybody know of a way to "cause" this problem for the service tech?Thanks for your help!

Check all wheel speed sensors for reading the same.
If a tire spins or a speed sensor if off from other side it trips Traction control.

deaaa
02-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Just wanted to know if you fixed the problem yet and what was bad?

Add your comment to this topic!