Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 tahoe blower motor wont work

Tahoe_Junkie
12-06-2009, 11:45 AM
99 chevy tahoe
4 door
4x4
has ac
cruise
fully loaded,
on the fly 4 wheel drive

I'm having trouble with my blower motor, it wont work at all, i have replaced the resistor, checked the blower brushes, all the connections, replaced the high fan speed relay, and i had the control switches in the dash replaced, i pulled the fuses checked those, there all fine, i know i need to look for bad wires, i checked the ground, ive got power going to all the right places, checked those with a meter and test light both, the blower works, no noises or anything come from it that shouldnt, no squeaking, no humming, need help bad, its winter and just snowed yesturday, so heat is really in need right now lol. anyone with any ideas i would highly highly appreciate it as soon as possible, thanks...

777stickman
12-06-2009, 01:26 PM
If you have checked for voltage at the motor and a good ground at the motor and it doesn't run then it must be the motor.

Try removing the connector at the motor and then hook a jumper to ground and another from the batt.

Also your post is a bit confusing?? You say it won't work at all and then later you say that it does work?? Can you clarify that?

j cAT
12-06-2009, 04:38 PM
If you have checked for voltage at the motor and a good ground at the motor and it doesn't run then it must be the motor.

Try removing the connector at the motor and then hook a jumper to ground and another from the batt.

Also your post is a bit confusing?? You say it won't work at all and then later you say that it does work?? Can you clarify that?

he stated he had voltages. also the blower works..it is possible when installed the fan is jammed..

777stickman
12-06-2009, 05:54 PM
he stated he had voltages. also the blower works..it is possible when installed the fan is jammed..

Thank you for clarifying that for me. You are awesome!!

Wow, what a dummy I am. Should have realized when he said that the brushes checked ok that he had taken it out and bench tested it.

j cAT
12-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Thank you for clarifying that for me. You are awesome!!

Wow, what a dummy I am. Should have realized when he said that the brushes checked ok that he had taken it out and bench tested it.

well thats only my guess , with all he said , it was a little confusing..

the fan is before the filter..it is possible that something got in the air box..like a rodent etc..

Add your comment to this topic!