Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 LXI Oil Cooler Line Leak

James2571
12-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Any ideas on how difficult it is to replace an Engine Oil Cooler Line on a 99 Concorde LXi? Mine has a split right at where the rubber line meets the metal connector. Or is there a way to repair it that will hold up for daily driving?

wafrederick
12-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Bypass by removing the line completely including the other one.Remove both fittings in the oil pan and braze them shut after taking the check ball out.2000 and up do not have the oil lines.Have done this and no leaks on one so far.Where the oil pressure sending unit is,there is a fitting that moves and remove that including the oil pressure sending unit.reinstall the oil pressure sending unit without that special fittting.

James2571
12-02-2009, 05:58 PM
I appreciate the suggestion, but that seems a bit more complex than just replacing the lines.

Does anyone know how to gain access to the connectors for the oil lines?? I checked it out and it seems impossible.

Thanks a bunch

wafrederick
12-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Those oil lines are not needed and Chrysler quit putting them in 2002.It is real easy to do and you put in the fittings back that go in the oil pan which are brazed right up.The top line,the top radatior support has to come off to get to it.

Add your comment to this topic!