Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How does one remove the center console?

RASCARS
11-28-2009, 10:05 AM
:confused:
I own a 2005 LS V8. Recently I was forced to valet my Lincoln. I drove it home and the next day I noticed the arm rest had been moved forward. When I moved it back, I had a hole where the Traction control button USED to be. Apparently the valet pushed the button through and into the console. I want to reinstall it in its home.

Is it necessary to remove the console or can one remove say the inside box in the storage compartment in the center console to retrieve and reinstall the Traction control switch? Are there any other ways to access this so I can reinstall it?

I need step by step instructions. I know that I can do the job; I just don't know where to begin. I'd take it to the dealer, but I simply cannot afford to pay their rates for a job like this.

Any and all input will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

shorod
11-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Try this link out (http://deneau.info/ls/). You're looking for section 501-12. Go to "Body" then "501-12 Instrument Panel and Console" followed by "Floor Console."

-Rod

RASCARS
11-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!:biggrin:

joegr
11-28-2009, 12:15 PM
There is no need to remove the center console to do this. The section with the traction control (or advanctrac if you have that) switch, the parking brake switch, and the cup holders removes just by pulling it upward.

RASCARS
11-28-2009, 10:29 PM
I found that out today. I did the procedure to remove the arm rest and the console box. That is when I discovered the cupholder area that has the traction control in it pulls out and reattached with clips. I was not a issue as the arm rest torks were coming loose and needed tightening. I had to glue the traction control switch into place. It is screwed into the back of the panel. The valet pushed so hard that the screw tunnels snapped.
Thanks to your both for the valuable information. The traction control switch is back in place.
Bob

Add your comment to this topic!