Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 S10 Blower motor

90sabre
11-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Hey everyone,

The blower motor in my 99 S10 4.3 seems to be dying. I can't go above the 2 setting without it squealing and hesitating. I went to the junkyard today and puled the blower motor of a 2003 Blazer. Even tho the guy at the counter insisted it wouldn't work, I took it outside and it appeared to be an identical match. I attached the electrical connector and it powered on perfectly. Any tips on putting the new one in? Is it going to work? The two lower bolts are nearly impossible to get out in a full engine bay...any hints or suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!

Leo
99 Chevy S10 4.3
07 Trailblazer

MT-2500
11-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Hey everyone,

The blower motor in my 99 S10 4.3 seems to be dying. I can't go above the 2 setting without it squealing and hesitating. I went to the junkyard today and puled the blower motor of a 2003 Blazer. Even tho the guy at the counter insisted it wouldn't work, I took it outside and it appeared to be an identical match. I attached the electrical connector and it powered on perfectly. Any tips on putting the new one in? Is it going to work? The two lower bolts are nearly impossible to get out in a full engine bay...any hints or suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!

Leo
99 Chevy S10 4.3
07 Trailblazer

Look around in the S-10 how to.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=521408

Add your comment to this topic!