Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Nissan Sentra transmission Issue

DaShEr_
11-23-2009, 11:07 AM
PLEASE HELPPPP (A/T)

My father was pulling this car in neutral, but then when I started it, I shifted to reverse, and it does not work, I do not hear any engagement in the gears.
Forward, it does work, however the car stalls very much. MY father said it also had some problem with the sensor, and when I put it on Park, I accelerated and it does not go above 1,500 rpm, it does tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu, the acceleration is not smooth, and it does not go above that. Seems like the car needs some money into it. My question is do you think I need to replace the whole tranmission? According to my dad, in the trip pulling it, it fucked up. =(

91STT
11-24-2009, 09:24 AM
go get the ecu check for codes first before deciding on a repair option. personally i don't think it is your tranny if you can rev past 1500 in park. check for a disconnected maf sensor, a loose intake hose or disconnected vacuum line first.

Chiquae07
11-24-2009, 06:57 PM
in terms of not going past 1500 rpm, the car is in fail safe mode. the best place to post and ask for questions and get answers quickly would be b15sentra.net.

Add your comment to this topic!