Stalling

shift2late
11-19-2009, 01:01 PM
I have a 1994 s10 2.5l 5speed. It starts great and runs great...but..drive a short distance, push the clutch in and the engine stalls. Turn the key immediately and it starts right back up and idles fine. Fuel pressure is fine even after stalling, changed MAS,TPS, EGR ,O2 sensor...etc..and scanner shows all inputs fine..
This one got me stumped and would appreciate any help.

thanks....wayne

MT-2500
11-19-2009, 03:55 PM
I have a 1994 s10 2.5l 5speed. It starts great and runs great...but..drive a short distance, push the clutch in and the engine stalls. Turn the key immediately and it starts right back up and idles fine. Fuel pressure is fine even after stalling, changed MAS,TPS, EGR ,O2 sensor...etc..and scanner shows all inputs fine..
This one got me stumped and would appreciate any help.

thanks....wayne

Got any codes.
Does scanner show good IAC motor control?

TBI clean and no carbon builld up?

EGR valve sticking open?
Any vacumn leaks?
Will it stay running if you give it a little gas?

shift2late
11-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the comeback...
All signals read in range on a Snap-On scanner. No codes.
I've used the ol' propane trick for leaks and don't see any change in RPM. EGR is clean and the TBI looks in great shape...As the engine stalls feathering the gas will keep up RPM...If you feather it for 2-10 seconds the revs will smooth to about 1000 and the engine will stay idling...

I'm out of guesses...thanks again

MT-2500
11-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the comeback...
All signals read in range on a Snap-On scanner. No codes.
I've used the ol' propane trick for leaks and don't see any change in RPM. EGR is clean and the TBI looks in great shape...As the engine stalls feathering the gas will keep up RPM...If you feather it for 2-10 seconds the revs will smooth to about 1000 and the engine will stay idling...

I'm out of guesses...thanks again

Get back in the scanner and check for good IAC control.
What is the iac motor reading when it does it and after it starts idleing good?

Add your comment to this topic!