Need help for buying 2003 Hyundai XG Series!

akboss
11-19-2009, 04:01 PM
First, are you settled on a Hyundai XG300/350? After doing a little digging, it doesn't seem they have the best reliability on the market, so you can't necessarily guarantee the car will be problem free. Here's a quote I pulled from CanadianDriver:

"The XG’s luxurious trappings might have hinted at what the company had in store for its future, but sadly, it brought back too many memories of the brand’s spotty past for this car to be a solid used vehicle purchase."

http://www.canadiandriver.com/2008/11/13/used-vehicle-review-hyundai-xg-300350-2001-2005.htm

They give a full list of recalls and history on the car. If you are settled on this and have to have an XG, the best you can do is look for one in good shape that has either 1 or possibly 2 owners, and with a maintenance history and up-to-date tune-ups according to the manufacturer's recommendations. Check for a clean interior/exterior/engine, and look for any signs of rust or body repair (off-colour panels or dents).

Personally, I'd recommend getting a newer Elantra - they have a better reputation as a used car, and you'd be getting something newer for the same money.

Ray paulsen
11-19-2009, 04:34 PM
akboss,,, you answered the question with some excellent facts, however if you read the overall post between the lines you will have picked up the question is a phony one for advertising.

The moderator being the sharp cookie that he is picked it up right away and deleted, next time check a question with a link to see if valid for content to be posted in AF.

I am just sorry to see an excellent answer being wasted to a scammer.

akboss
11-19-2009, 04:44 PM
akboss,,, you answered the question with some excellent facts, however if you read the overall post between the lines you will have picked up the question is a phony one for advertising.

The moderator being the sharp cookie that he is picked it up right away and deleted, next time check a question with a link to see if valid for content to be posted in AF.

I am just sorry to see an excellent answer being wasted to a scammer.

Thanks for the tip, Ray, will read a little closer next time before wasting my time!

Shpuker
11-20-2009, 02:30 AM
Why hasn't that guy been banned yet? Thats like the 3rd time lol.

Add your comment to this topic!