Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ordering from www.hiroboy.com

Barabakin
11-16-2009, 06:25 AM
Hello all.
I very much would not like to write such here. But alas such is our life.
I a beginner моделист. And already bought on hiroboy.com twice and both times of a parcel reached in time and in time. I was very happy to the third parcel.
08/29/2009 I have ordered on hiroboy.com three models. Order #18780.
At first the order long hung in a condition "Pending Dispatch". But after numerous letters, Steve has answered:
"Paypal's Terms state we need to send orders to Israel we must use a
trackable postal service
this means we can either refund the total order and cancel or ask for
the extra postage cost s of 4.40 GBP
I have sent a paypal payment request."

I have paid, I after all all the same wished to receive three models.
And again after numerous letters I have received "Your order has been updated to the following New status: Items Sent (Airmail)".
And all. After that more than two months Steve does not answer letters. I have not received a parcel. That can who has similar experience can help me council?
In advance many thanks.

koksik
11-16-2009, 06:56 AM
Maybe Your parcel lost :( I order plenty of times from Hiro, and my last order was 3 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for my parcel :( And Steve is very busy, that's why hes not answer for mails. Try call to shop.

klutz_100
11-16-2009, 07:03 AM
Why don't you use the tracking number to find the parcel???

One thing you can be pretty positive about - if Steve says he sent it, he sent it.

Barabakin
11-16-2009, 08:12 AM
klutz_100
Because Steve has not given me it. And at me that it has sent the big doubts. It could would like to answer the letter. While all speaks about that that it sent nothing.

koksik
Thanks. I will try to call.

TurboGuru
11-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Sorry to hi-jack this thread but I too have tried to contact Steve twice by email concerning some queries about his zero paints.... I will not place an order until my questions have been answered.

I have been writing to admin@hiroboy.com as stated on his web site but 0 response. Both emails were about different products too and sent at least 5 days ago.

There is a support email address, but I am trying not to use this as Steve says it is for paid orders only...

Whats the best way to get into contact with Steve?... His shop has many great products but without my questions being answered I cannot buy the paints I require.

Ps. I have bought products from hiroboy.com only once and it was a speedy delivery so I know he offers a good service.

I may have to end up making a call to the store.

Porsnatic
11-16-2009, 10:02 AM
I contacted this guy for some paints, and he never got back to me!:angryfire

imwanted
11-16-2009, 10:25 AM
i have ordered 2 times from hiroboy.
last was this summer and i got it in just some days.
the first time is allmost 2 years ago.
i never recieved the package and sendt a mail. got ansver that he was going to look into it and then i never heard from him again on any mails.

koksik
11-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Becouse Steve is very busy, the best way to contact is call to shop.

imwanted
11-16-2009, 12:19 PM
if he is so busy i think he should hire another person/secretary to help him out when he got a big place like that. and calling them would't help much as i got speaking problems :frown:

amusegt1
11-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Steve does not have the money to hire another person. Keep in mind that his store is no where near as big as HLJ, 1999.co.jp, etc. Its almost a one-man operation.

Regarding lost packages - Steve has no control over packages after they are sent. The packages are prone to be sent somewhere else other than their final destination. And if the package was sent to the wrong address, it could take at least 2 months minimum for the package to be sent to the correct address. In addition, the person who receives the package by accident could keep the package for himself and not return it. - Yes, there are people like that in this world. The world is not perfect.

And Koksik is correct, the best way to contact Steve is by phone. If you worry about long distance charges, i suggest that you use Skype to call him.

jano11
11-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Steve does not have the money to hire another person. Keep in mind that his store is no where near as big as HLJ, 1999.co.jp, etc. Its almost a one-man operation.

Regarding lost packages - Steve has no control over packages after they are sent. The packages are prone to be sent somewhere else other than their final destination. And if the package was sent to the wrong address, it could take at least 2 months minimum for the package to be sent to the correct address. In addition, the person who receives the package by accident could keep the package for himself and not return it. - Yes, there are people like that in this world. The world is not perfect.

Too many excuses needed, me thinks.

As far as I'm concerned I had only positive outcomes to my deals with hiroboy, but maybe he should hire someone at least part time to help him with dispatching the orders and other easier stuff.
Looks like his business can't grow otherwise and even worse customers might avoid him if the negative feedback starts to make it's way into his business.

imwanted
11-16-2009, 05:55 PM
how am i able to speak with him on skype when i cant on normal phone. skype doesnt come with any written to audio converting as far as i know.

if he doesnt can afford to hire another person he should find a way to expand so he can afford it or another way to deal with it since i have read
more than this complain the last year abouth hiroboy. and people with oral speaking problems and are bound to email contact is just as much a costumer as the one that can speak.

if he has sendt the package wrong he must have written the wrong adress since there is not any adresses close to the one i got and the pack is keept at the post office until i can pick it up.

but this is a loong time ago and i dont think i will ever se the package.
i will still shop at hiroboy but not any orders with high value.

tuned.by.twenty
11-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Steve is stuck in the middle. He's busy which is great, but he's busy, which is bad. With the size of the business he sinply can't take on additional hands. It's not as simple as just expanding and suddenly hiring employees. Considering the popularity of Hiroboy, and the fact that it's all done by him, he's able to run it extremely well. Unfortunately there is the odd hiccup, but it happens. I agree that better communication would be nice, but it's still possible to get in contact with him, and I can relate to juggling so much with just two hands so I know what it's like for him. Maybe in the future he can expand the business and hire someone else, but if he can't now then it's as simple as that unfortunately.

star21
11-17-2009, 12:28 AM
Yep, I have sent several inquiries to for zero paints in the past but have never gotten a response... EVER. It is quite alright though as I already knew what I was getting in to. I had read earlier threads stating he rarely, if ever answers e-mails so it was a complete shot in the dark.

When I ordered parts from him before I've never had problems. I understand most people would like to get answers before purchasing so it is quite a dilemma. :runaround:

Maybe he can create a separate customer inquiry forum or a twitter page for his site for easier support?? *shrug* That is quite the problem of growing pains with small businesses turning into a popular and more mainstream business. This is where most businesses will either ride the wave or sink to the bottom.

Barabakin
11-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Thanks all responded.
It seems to me that we do not discuss here Steve's problem. Certainly it is interesting to me to learn about its problems. But me as client they do not interest. I have come to buy models. I have paid for them. I have carried out of all obligations from its part. I did not tell to Steve about the problems. Why I cannot receive after all the models? If it cannot or is occupied that let will write about it on a site. I will warn also I will not buy. Let does not work. Or let employs someone.
In general it is a lot of words, and result zero.

lotus123
11-17-2009, 04:11 AM
In general it is a lot of words, and result zero.

Yes, there's a lot one can say about the Zero Paints, all good!

Kidding aside, if you're not happy with the response you're getting, just call. Everybody who's tried it knows it works (same people who know better than to try email). I've used Skype to call him, FWIW.

If you have additional special instructions, use the feature on the ordering web form. Steve reads that every time, and he does what you ask for, if it's possible.

@imwanted - do you know how Skype works? I can't imagine what you mean by "written to audio".

stevenoble
11-17-2009, 05:26 AM
I've placed many orders and always had excellent service, sometimes my items have arrived the next day, which is unheard of usually. I had one problem once where I ordered a Ferrari paint and the wrong colour was sent to me. A quick phone call and it was sorted, the correct colour arrived the next day and he told me to keep the wrongly supplied one at no extra cost. He's a good guy, just give him a call and he will sort out your problem, I'm sure of that.

KevHw
11-17-2009, 06:00 AM
i've placed many orders and always had excellent service, sometimes my items have arrived the next day, which is unheard of usually. I had one problem once where i ordered a ferrari paint and the wrong colour was sent to me. A quick phone call and it was sorted, the correct colour arrived the next day and he told me to keep the wrongly supplied one at no extra cost. He's a good guy, just give him a call and he will sort out your problem, i'm sure of that.
:1:

das_auto
11-17-2009, 09:21 AM
He's a good guy, just give him a call and he will sort out your problem, I'm sure of that.

:iagree:

imwanted
11-17-2009, 12:09 PM
@imwanted - do you know how Skype works? I can't imagine what you mean by "written to audio".

what i have been trying to say is that i cant speak. how can i then make a phone call normal or on skype?
i am bound to use mail.

im sure he is a great guy i have never said he is not.

stevenoble
11-17-2009, 01:27 PM
what i have been trying to say is that i cant speak. how can i then make a phone call normal or on skype?
i am bound to use mail.

im sure he is a great guy i have never said he is not.

If I understand you correctly you are unable to speak..?? Maybe you could get a friend or relative to call on your behalf..??

jano11
11-17-2009, 02:21 PM
If I understand you correctly you are unable to speak..?? Maybe you could get a friend or relative to call on your behalf..??

Or he could send an email that he can write himself?!

stevenoble
11-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Or he could send an email that he can write himself?!

But he already did that and got no reply..?? If I've read what has already been written correctly.

jano11
11-17-2009, 04:41 PM
But he already did that and got no reply..?? If I've read what has already been written correctly.

You are right Steve.
I was just trying to say that email is nowadays probably the most used way of communication (also because it is for free) so Hiroboy should try to use it instead of the phone.

MPWR
11-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Hard to believe anyone who reads this forum regularly doesn't know this already, but here it is:

1 Hiroboy.com offers good service, but-

2 Steve DOES NOT ANSWER EMAILS. Why is up to him, but it's the truth. Anyone who uses the search feature can find him stating so himself.

3 If you want someone to answer your emails, you may want to shop somewhere else. Calling him may work- yes, you may have to pay overseas rates.

4 Sure it would be nice if Steve answered emails. But he doesn't. It would be nice if he hired someone to answer emails. But he can't. It would also be nice if he had Tamiya's 1/24 E30 M3 kit in stock. But he doesn't- and I don't think he will.

5 We can't help you. Steve doesn't come around here much, and we can't reach him either. As of this post Steve hasn't been on AF for more than three months. If you want to complain about him and his email prowess, you might consider doing it on his forum instead of here.

So unless Steve has anything to add, we're done here.

Add your comment to this topic!