Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Viper 5901 Help

Klownicle
11-15-2009, 10:03 AM
I have a 99 Honda Passport, just got a Viper 5901 installed in my car, it appears my Second Ignition is not turning off with the key out of the ignition since the install. I have been told by the installer that the relay inside the brain isn't shutting off and its a problem that he cannot fix.

Looking for some added insight on my issue to see if this is definatly the cause.

FYI the lights are also not turning on (flashing etc) when the alarm is activated and set etc. He says this is a small fix and is unrelated to the second ignition.
:screwy:

Klownicle
11-17-2009, 07:46 AM
FYI, the lights wern't working was fixed by the fuse not being placed inside the viper brain. And the secondary ignition wasn't turning off I was told due to a setting inside the brain, we just bypassed it by setting up a external relay of the extra aux source that was unused.

But now I have run into a problem where the Shock Sensor isn't working at all. We unplugged fuses and wires to the brain of the viper. Im wondering if that caused a issue. I have the sensor up to level 15 and its not going off even if I tap the damn box.

However, my tilt alarm seems to function if I jack the vehicle up or rock the vehicle. Sooo fix somthing to break somthing else?

The shock sensor wasn't that great to begin with, I had it at 13 and I had to litterly punch the B piller to get it to go off.

I have heard the shock sensor isn't too great is this true?

Add your comment to this topic!